News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Rainy day pictures

Started by Hank Jourdin, February 21, 2010, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank Jourdin

Hey Guys, It rained the other day so I took some pictures, as I said I would.  This would not have been possible if it were not for the help of my wonderful grandson Cody. Hope you enjoy all the pictures  Hank Jourdin. Go to the following link to view pictures
http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy169/plymouth951/American%20Clipper%20Pics%202%2010/

John Eversoll

Hank, Nice Rod!!!!  makes me wish I never sold my 34 Dodge pick up!!!!

440 dana 60 rear   and it had a "   17inch "  drive shaft.  talk aout power to the rear!!

Just another mistake in my life!!!!

John

Horst

that is beautiful work you are doing on your Clipper! Inspiring!
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Hank
You sure did put some sunshine in my snowy day! WE just got 6 more. Great work, I may even steal an idea or two ;) I have some questions but first I am going to re-look at your pics.
Thanks for the post!!!
JerryT

P.S. here is a pic looking out my front window, can't wait till spring!

Hank Jourdin

Hey Jerry, Glad you liked the pictures, But I already stold a couple of your ideas such as the foot cooler idea except I added a cable operated butterfly valve so if it's got 6 inches of new snow and it's like 16 degrees out you can close the vents and use the heat. Man that was a gorgeous picture you posted,it makes me wish I was there just for a little while, until my feet got cold then I want to be back in california in 70 -80 degree weather. If you look at the picture with the aluminum condenser and p/steering cooler you can see a red circle thats where the cooler valves are one on each side, controls for each valve are on dash board. Pull to open push to close made all of stainless steel, no rust. The other thing I stoled was the air vent intake, I cut the air snorkel off the air cleaner and made a new part 2.500 in diameter and welded it to the left side of the air cleaner, ran a 2.500 dia rubber hose out to the front by the grill to pickup cool air. I dont know what happened to the dicription part of the pictures. I wrote a dicription on some of the pictures so you know what was what but what the hey you got some pics your buddy  Hank Jourdin  And thanks for the come back John E. bet you wish you were sitin on Jerry's front porch Take care!

John Eversoll

Hi there Bro,   Yes I would love to be sitting on a front proch with a hot cup of coffee

Right now.    But what I would really like is to be driving down the road in that

COUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I'd even give you my Chevelle.

John

Hank Jourdin

Hi all,   You guys make my day, I always feel better when I read your posts, and disappointed when no one has any skuttlebut, so all take care   Hank Jourdin

John Eversoll

Believe me I look very much to see what is on this crazy thing everynight!!!!

John

Hank Jourdin

Hey Guys, I found out how to write a decripton on the pictures I posted. Just click on the picture and it will enlarge and a decription will apear under the picture. Check it out That will keep you busy John   Hank Jourdin

John Eversoll

prophetdaniel2

I am crying from the beauty!

I think the club should Purchase a 24 ft Clipper and then demand that Hank and Jerry  perform a ground up restoration/improvement on it!

So it is written! So let it be done!

-D

Horst

I second the motion......
And I happen to know where one is (Moss landing PicknPull)
Might as well be a frame off restoration since we're dreamin!    ;D
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

I third it......

But," I want to see a Clipper with a jacuzzi tub insted of a shower!!!!

They can do it!!!

John

JerryT

We will need PD's dream van for the running gear ::), just got to keep it under 13'6--or so :D
JerryT

JerryT

OK Hank, I got some questions for you.

1. As dumb as this may sound, how do I remove the front bumper? Which wrench where, which socket where, what's first, second, third. I left mine on when I painted as it was not obvious on how it came off. And we have the rust thing to deal with.

2. Is that rear trans cooler off a 92-93 Dodge diesel p.u.? Can you still carry your spare tire? How did you wire it, what triggers it to turn on and off? What is the trans fluid temperature you are seeing at highway speed in overdrive?

3. I see a channel iron brace up by your air bags, what is/was that used for?

4. What can you tell me about your A.C. upgrade to a rotary compressor and 134. Was it a bolt on or did you have to fab a bit? Did you buy a kit? Did the pulley's give you any problems. Does that rotary crowd the carb or is there ample room?

5. I think you made mention of a 100 amp alt, is that a 100 amp Motorola from that era or a newer/modified one? How does it fit? 

I am also running a 440 with the GearVendors  O.D. with the Mopar deep pan. I am also using the Clipper extra trans cooler in series with the radiator cooler.
After seeing your pic I am now wondering if I have enough trans cooling when cruising in O.D. as the T.C. must be really squeezing the fluid and making some serious heat at modern highway speeds. I love my O.D. and the ability to be "almost modern" but I have noticed my fluid starting to brown down a bit and I need to change it. I don't think the dye is going away I think it is heat related, any thoughts?

I like you wiring/fuse box mods, my stock wiring is holding up for now, with some repair,mods and Love, but I wonder for how long.

I need a 33 Dodge grill for my 35 KCL truck, got an extra you don't need ::)

I enjoyed your photos, thanks again for sharing them. Winter is starting to wind down here, maybe soon I can stop feeding this thing.

JerryT