News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

To part or not to part

Started by Ray, January 03, 2010, 03:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

Recently I have become disabled and will be unable to restore my '74.
I live in south louisiana and would be interested to know if there are any clipper owners in this area.

I am considering parting out the old girl. Too much is wrong and too much is rotten for me to justify the expense of restoration, on top of that I'm just not excited about the restoration anymore.

440 w/ 56k,  a/c good, genset good, stove and plumbing good, all wheels and tires good, front and rear bumpers good, ladder good, etc. etc.

I would be interested in hearing from any clipper owners that would be interested in any parts. I'd hate to see her get stripped and go for scrap.

Thanks much
Ray
arlyon@centurytel.net

John Eversoll

Hey Ray, " what happened"???

I know what it is like to be dissabled!!!

Have been myself for three years now.  Damn age and stupidity!!!  I should have made the yougner guys do the heavy lifting.
I now am the proud owner of four hurniated disks and a pinched nerve in L5.
But I get a handicapped placard out of the deal.   I can only sit for about 40 min  walk for about an hour

then it is time to lie down for an hour.   I still feel like I am 18 But when I look in the mirror
realigty hits me .... Damn I look good"
I myself am just too far away to check ot anything as I be in Calif.
I know that we have clubbers in tha area that may just love to grab that clipper up for a project!!

Take care and keep in touch...., john

dreedy650

hey ray, i may be interested in a few items like hot water heater or ?? i live in washington state unsure if you are willing to ship or if you will put parts on e bay ?? let us know sorry your hurt. i have my own injurys.  think ill have a drink.     take care .....

John Eversoll

HEY THERE Don R.  How ya doing...

What part of Washington????

I have a very good friend in Spokane. 

After I get the rig up and running I have to take a trip up there and see him.

The work on mine has come slowly to a hault.  Need $$$$.

I have rotton ceiling timber and will have to gut the half of it.

As soon as I get the trans back in the Chevelle I can start back on the

rig.  "Sigh".... There is soooooo  Much to do!!  I just wish my buddy in Spokane was here

to help me.  I still have to figure out how to take the fridge out.  " Safely " I have turned the Lp off at the

tank.  Plus I want replace or inspect the Lp lines..After reading about that loder rig that Blew up

on the 101 or the 152 a few weeks ago. The driver and his wife escaped with moderate injuries.

But they lost their dogs in the blast...  Oh well, Keep in touch and let me know of your progress.

John...  Stuck here in Orange County!!  Ca

dreedy650

Hello John,    I live in kettle falls washignton which is approx 70 miles north of spokane near canadian border.  Very nice and quiet just like i like it.... let me know if you come to spokane..  Hope the ac repairs go well, they can be alot of work, I just gutted my sisters camp trailer clear to insulation and studs, we are almost re installing new interior ceiling and front wall. then linolium ect.

John Eversoll

Hi Don,  Kettle falls----Sounds nice!!

Our property in Bonanza just out of Klamath falls.

My nearest  neighbor is about a block away or more

Plus we are roughly 8to 900 feet from the main road

which is 140 E---18 miles from Klamath falls. Nice and quiet.

"Just the way I want it"  We now will make the 389th persons

to live out there.... :) :) :) :) :) :)  I have had ENOUGH of city Life...

I just am soooooo happy that I can eally get things that I want in my life

A REAL garden"  and a garage... stupid car ports just don't protect your tools.

My daughter and I will start back to work on the rig when the weather gets better.

walls "aqll have to replaced and I still have to figure out hoe to take the fridge out.....

Plus the last time my son was out here he threw open the drivers door and now it

wont latch..........I have tried to adjust it but the ones that I have to really adjust

I can't get to... and guess I will have to buy a new tool for my collection.  The over head "

above the drivers side, the  escape hatch... the frame is rotton and will have to drop the whole area.

to replace the wood frame.   there are other things that I really need to do before it's road worthy.

I am going to drive the rig  to our property when we finally make the last move.  3 cars and the rig.

going to spend at least two trips  on Amtrak!!!!   Sorry I went and rambled" I get that way from time to time.

Take care,  John