News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Front bumper mounted spare tire holder

Started by prophetdaniel2, August 13, 2009, 08:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi JERRYT,  My 440 is almost ready for me to pick up from the shop.
Weeeeeeeee...
next will be the trans.. I am really going to be interested in seeing how the bad boy runs when we get it back in.. I had to go 30 over on the cyls.
They shaved the heads and put in sodium filled valves so I can run on reg gas. He did tell me that the cam is close to what I have in my Chevell
Which is called a Malt shop cam. So I am guessing that It should run
like a hot rod.  I have a new 3 row radiator and a heavy duty clutch fan
But have been thinking of running an electrical fan insted. What do you think of that>?Plus I am working on an air vent system to keep the engine compartment cooler. Will let ya know how that works out.
Anyway I am schedualed for back surgery in a week so I am not going to work on the rig for a few weeks.  Good luck on yours. John E

JerryT

Horst
I was  on a web site a year ago that had the Dodge air dam with the fender flares new for sale. I also see them on Ebay but they get bid up fast. To see them is a blast from the past! I liked the 70's, minus shag carpeting ;D
JerryT

JerryT

Hi John
I like the electric fan idea, is there enough room or would you have to give up the factory fan blade? I saw in my Mopar mag that they have electric water pumps now also for the 440. Don't know what they do with the drive belts. Good luck on the back surgery, I hope the cure is better than the problem.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, I would have to give up the fan but I here some of the
car club guys tell me that the electric is the way to go.
I have never heard of an electric water pump... course I rarely keep up with the new tech stuff.  If I need it and can fabracate it I'll do it.  If not
then I'll buy it.  And thanks, the surgery I really don't want to do.  But I guess I have no option.
John

prophetdaniel2

I sooo want one of those Air dams with the fender flares! and a Grille like Horsts!

JerryT

Check out this link  http://www.customvan.com/flares&.htm
See if that is what your looking for.
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

OOOHHHH! they got some cool stuff on that site! ;D The price on the dams and flares look reasonable as well. They may even have a chrome grille.
Thanks Jerryt!
-D