News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Escape hatch

Started by JerryT, June 17, 2009, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi all
I still have my new/used escape hatch available if anybody needs it. I bought it from the Clipper store and had it in service about a year until I added my dome. I also bought an extra lid at the same time which is new and still in the box which will go with it. The hatch and garnish is in great shape and would re-install well. Make me an offer if you need one.
JerryT

Horst

I am interested - need the dimensions though.
thanks
Horst
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Hi Horst
It is 14x21 on the bottom that fits down into the ceiling. The mounting flange is 2" bigger.
Let me know if you can use them.
JerryT

Horst

bummer - mine is square - probably 21x21 at least - gotta check
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Hey Jerry, Let me take a look at mine Hole in the roof tomorrow

I'll mesure it and get back to you tomorrow night.
Later gater!!  John E.

JeffM

Jerry, do you still have the escape hatch roof vent? I need to replace mine.
Jeff Milligan
ACCOC #3632
milligan50@msn.com

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry T., Sorry I didn't get back to ya!!!!!
I mesured the "hole in my cieling and it is a Biggie!"
not sure what the dimentions of yours is. But I have a 46 chest and can barely squeeze through.  ONE arm at a time."
John E.

JerryT

Jeff
Yes I still have it.
JerryT

theemges

do you know how the cover to the hatch attaches.  I only need the cover.

AnnandEd

Hi Jerry,
Do you still have your escape hatch? I noticed that someone was interested but if you haven't sold it, we definitely could use it as ours blew off on the freeway.
Thanks
Ann

JerryT

Yes I still have them. I use to insert a square of foam in mine so as to stop the beating the wind would give it. If I still have the foam plug I will include it. We could not drive with it open for fear the wind would rip it off, and closed with out the foam plug the inside pressure and the out side pressure would tug at it back and forth. we always drove with the windows down/open so that probably was part of the problem and why the first one got tired but the plug kept this one nice. A new lid comes with the hatch also. What is your zip code so we can see what's the best/cheapest way to ship.
JerryT

AnnandEd

Hi Jerry,
Thanks for such a fast reply! We live in Santa Barbara, Ca 93101.  There is a flat rate box ($10 +) that the Post Office sells, but I am not sure if it would fit. Let us know what you think is a reasonable price and also the price of the hatch. We actually only need the lid, but if you need to keep it together, that is fine too. My e-mail address is cruskowski@hotmail.com. Thanks again.
Ann and Ed

jabberjaus

Hi, I'd like to post a reply but when I tried it didn't seem to go and I got no further instructions.  I tried again, but got a "your last attempt was less than sixty seconds ago".  Guess I need further instruction.
Have an electrical problem I hope is an easy fix.  It's juice to the refrigerator plug that is accessed from the outside and no juice to the outlet at the kitchen or the dinette.  What could be wrong?

JerryT

Hi Martha
In my 78 I have more than one circuit breaker for my wall outlets. Check and see if you have a breaker that is turned off. You said you checked the fuses but the small glass fuses are for the 12 volt circuits such as lights, water pump, info console, furnace, ect. Let me know what you find.
JerryT