News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

What does your clipper need this spring?

Started by prophetdaniel2, March 25, 2009, 02:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

So I'm getting Clipper fever as the weather warms, and am mentally inventorying what is necessary for my clipper to be ready to roll for this years camping. (not to include general cleaning) So far:
Master cylinder
Tune-up
Complete previously started ram air dog house cooling system (A-la my hero Jerryt!)
possibly overhaul holding tank

What about you?

JerryT

More kitchen storage!!!
Here are some pics of my first kitchen project (five to go)
I reclaimed the unused space, left of the oven in my rear kitchen Clipper. I now have a bin 10"w x24"d x18"h with a 5"x15" door on it. I used a sheet of furnace metal for the right side wall/heat barrier and a 1/4" masonite bottom. Here are some pics of it.
JerryT

clockwork

Jerry, you continue to inspire.
Great looking projects.

dave

americanhoneybunn

spikey

JerryT

Thanks Dave!
Honeybunn, if your jealous of that, take a look at this!!!

I have always hated the pantry door in our Clipper, but I think I got it figured out ;D
I removed one low shelf and reinstalled it up high. I also ordered two 8"Wx24"Dx2"H wire baskets to use on the bottom two shelves for can good pull outs. The piano hinge cost me $5, it's the best $5 I have ever spent!!!
JerryT

JerryT

And some more

Two down---four to go!

americanhoneybunn

Im stealing your idea!! Thanks! I'd also like to turn the top bunk bed in mine into a storage area. Any suggestions Mr. Storage Problem Fixer?!  ;)

So you seem to be the go to guy for questions....sooooo.....here's a random one:
I just bought my clipper this month and the fridge stinks so bad... bleach, coffee beans, baking soda, NOTHING works... any suggestions?

JerryT

HI
I am traveling this week, I may have something for you on that fridge smell when I return home.
Taking the Clipper out for a 3K run :D
JerryT

clockwork

Hello AHB;
     I had a similar  problem that I finally controlled  ( after trying the cures you mentioned) by taking a clean kitchen sponge in a shallow dish  filled to half height of the sponge with a 1 part lemon juice 4 parts water allowed to boil in a microwave,  placed in the ( room temperature) refer for an hour, then wiped all interior plastic surfaces with the solution. It took several applications but eventually overpowered  the odor. Baking soda after the fact can help.

dave   

prophetdaniel2

You could at least try a total wipe down with pure vanilla extract. This helped our refer our a bit (raw halibut!) :o

americanhoneybunn

Ok, so this is totally embarassing.... I figured out the odor in the fridge. I went in there this weekend DETERMINED to get the smell out of the fridge prior to our first outing end of April... so, ummmm, yeah.... I go into the fridge and ....there was rotten (and I mean rotten) food in the bins... the people who sold it to us left FOOD in the bins... granted, you think I would have opened them by now.... LOL!  :D Im such a dork.

Thank you to all who gave me your ideas, I am still determined to get the now not so mysterious smell out of the RV....