News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Big hole in roof over bunk!

Started by JerryT, December 10, 2007, 10:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjm

Nice Job :)

just curious, did you have any luck finding the codes for the brown and orange?

or did I just miss the text while I was scrolling through the pictures ;D

I have a bunch of drivetrain work to do on my 76, but once thats done and exterior upgrade might be a good idea.

tks,
rjm

JerryT

When I started out to paint mine I planed to re stripe it, but now I am starting to like it plain (cool vanilla) I am leaning toward some pin stripes as I am enjoying all the feature lines and styling that it has. I saw the paint codes in an old Clipper newsletter, I'll try to find them and post it.
JerryT

clockwork

I like the plain cool vanilla- it's not flashy, but kinda' goes along with (what I believe was ) Irv's  philosophy for the AC:  Keep it simple, Keep it quality, and you'll be able to keep it for a long time.

dave   

JerryT

Hi All
Finally have some time to post a few pics and info. I got the Clipper back on the road and have taken a 2100 mile trip so far, and weeding a few more bugs out (it never ends :)) I have not finished the inside of the dome yet, still playing catch-up on all that got ignored while I (played says the wife) worked on the camper. Don't see many Clippers east of the Mississippi but I did see two, I got pics of the first one, it was # 2524, a 75-76 I think. The other one was a ways off the road in the front yard of a person that seemed to own a lot of things and had them all out for everyone to see, but I bet none of it was for sale so I didn't stop. Other than painting, I did four main things to make the Clipper more accommodating for us. #1 the roof dome over the bunk, #2 a roof storage pod behind the dome, #3 I reversed the swing of the coach door, #4 I installed a storage tube above the back bumper that I use for the patio mat and folding ladder, ect. I also had to get a new set of tires as the old ones were about to fail, I knew they were getting old and I was keeping an eye on them but did not know how bad they were untill I had them off in the shop. I put on a set of  Firestone Transforce 16.5's They cost me $117.00 each and I mounted them my self. They are a nice tire and the Clipper drives better and is much quieter now. Here are some pics.
JerryT

JerryT

more pics

ClipperFan

glad to see others remodeling clippers!!  Can you post pics of your clipper after you painted it with the dome on?  These pics dont look like yours are they?

JerryT

ClipperFan,
The Clipper on the left with the bikes is mine, but your right I have not posted any finished pics yet!
Camera died, then laptop died, now I am on vacation again camping on the shores of lake Superior in the upper P of Michigan. Will post a few late this week when we get home. FYI, I love the dome and the reversed door!! Also I was able to fit a 31 series Trojan deep cycle battery in the house battery bay, we have dry camped for a week and have not run out of power. We have been out three times for a total of 40 days, it's been like a dream, everything works perfectly, I feel like I am in a new $100,000.00 rig.
JerryT

jon

Brand new 16.5 tires...OUCH expensive. I plan on scouring the Junk yards this winter for 16 in wheels that fit. I think I found some laying in my mother inlaws barn 200 miles away but I wont say anything till I go get them and try to put them on.

JerryT

Hi all
Finally got the interior in the dome done last fall. I used 3/4" thick black neoprene for the insulation and a product called superflex for the cloth headliner. I glued the foam directly to the inside of the dome first and then the superflex was installed to the foam. I ordered the foam pre-glued (peel-n-stick) on one side (down) to make attaching the cloth easier. The superflex is made like steel wool, you can stretch it a lot, good for odd shapes. We duct taped the seams (for you duct tape fans) :D so they would not show. Here are a few pics.
JerryT 

JerryT

And a couple more.

JerryT

Hi Don, look at the pics and I will answer any questions you have.
JerryT

JerryT

Here are a couple pics of the "finished" project, it's never finished ::)
JerryT

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Hi Horst
The early aluminum grill is my favorite ;D I was at a swap meet and I saw an early grill that was chrome plated steel. I had never saw a chromed one before. I have seen painted white ones. I looked at it 3 or 4 times but decided I like the finish of the aluminum one better.
JerryT 

Horst

yep - I switched mine a few years back - I just don't like the plastic ones - the vintage ones look better - and fit perfect
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.