News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

All 79/80 owners and other rear kitchen owners

Started by JerryT, September 04, 2007, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi All!
I have a 1978 rear kitchen I am doing some work on, my next focus is the pantry, I read that the 79&80 models got a improved? pantry or at least different door/ doors. I have learned to live with mine after I removed shelf 2  and 4 but I want some ideas on how to better use the space. I am looking for Pics and or ideas of the 79/80's pantry, and any mods that you have made to your older models. When I first got my Clipper I call the pantry the CABINET FROM HELL, but I need to give it a halo.
Thanks
JerryT

maryrose835

Maybe you should buy a book about that in order for you to learn more.

JerryT

Hi maryrose and welcome!
I did get the pantry useable and actually like it now. I put a piano hinge in the mix to allow the door to open back out of the way which gives full access to the width of the shelves.Here are a few pics of it.
JerryT

Horst

Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

ALL RIGHT JERRY!!!!!!~!!!!!!   Wayyyy to goooo

Whood a thunk........

John E. :)

JerryT

Thanks John!!
I got a neat spice rack with a door from my neighbor Herb, it has cool graphics on the door from the late 60's Rox has scanned them, cleaned them up and reproduced them for us. I have installed it IN the pantry wall and the new pantry double hinge door misses it when you open it all the way back, just luck not planned ;) I also frenched in the fire ext. while I was at it. Here are a few pics.
JerryT

prophetdaniel2

OBSESSED! TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH STORAGE! ;D
I'd bet you have doubled the storage capacity of your clipper, while increasing living space to boot Jerry!
I love that cabinet, and the Fire extinguisher recess is another great idea. It will take me years to hijack all of your ideas.
     -D

John Eversoll

Hey there Jerry, Yea, I like that idea of yours!!!!

Especilly the fire extinguishers...  Never have enough..

I have one in the bathroom one in the kitxhen and one over the door
two up front with me and one behind the wifes seat.. Yea, never have enough!!

Looks great !!!!!   I have to do something about the base that the captains chairs sit on....

They hae pulled away from the wall and the frame they sit on..??? can't fig out why!!! Even the back counter

has pulled away from the wall..just like someone had used a screw driver to take them out..????? Weird!!!!!!

Now I found rat poooooop in a drawer............... really don't want to work in close quarters with a vermin...

Later gater// John E. :)

JerryT

Thanks again guys!
I think that by my improvements I will stay out of the "need a bigger/longer" trap for a while. I really like our Clipper and with every upgrade that I do I like it even more. I think of it as polishing off a rough edge here and there. We all have our "routine" at home and it seems to me the closer you can follow it on the road the happier you are with the rig. Now and then Rox will razz me about the time and $ I spend working on it. I then ask her which "improvement" she wished I hadn't done---I just get the deer in the headlights look as she enjoys each and everyone of them as much as I do.
I upgraded to digital tank senders/info center. The info center is smaller, sooo  guess what I got out of the deal? Yes more storage ;D We keep our plastic grocery/garbage bags in a cloth bag that I bought at Camping World. We call it our bag bag ::) Our bag bag now has a new home and some pasta has moved in with it, but in back of course. I left it doorless as we are into the bag bag at least once a day. here are a few pics.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi there, I just bought a router from Sears it was on sale for $67.00

I will most likely be useing it inside of the rig in a couple of days...

Just will have to practice with it until the remodel is finished.

Later gater// John E. ;D

JerryT

John Eversoll

Yea, I know what ya mean!!! My best friend is nick named  "Stubbs "

after an accident with a cut off saw..... Now I know why they call them cut off saws!!!!!!
Yuk........
John E ;D

JerryT

I knew a guy named stubby but he had all his fingers ::)
JerryT

John Eversoll

I'm not even going to ask why they called him stubby........LOL LOL LOL
Later  gater   ;D :)  John E.

JerryT

John we need some before pictures of your rig! Then in about six weeks you can post the afters :D
JerryT