News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Best treatment for wood panels

Started by JeffM, August 09, 2007, 01:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffM

I tried to search for this but couldn't figure out what to look for. What works as the best stuff to clean and restore wood paneling inside the coach as a periodic treatment? Thanks.
Jeff Milligan
ACCOC #3632
milligan50@msn.com

clockwork

Hello Jeff;
I found that 1st touching up scratches with a felt-tipped furniture pen, then applying a nice coat of Minwax refinishing wax really did a lot to rejuvinate the luster and protect the Clip's old dark paneling. Not easy work, but has lasted well over a year now.
dave 

Shayne

Some people have used brown shoe polish to cover up scratches and wear marks.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

John Eversoll

I know this is and old post, But I thought that I shouldlet you know that IF if the panneling is past it life like mine is then just knuckle down and replace the inside. it is a lot of work, but I beleive in the long run it will be worth it.
I started by going to Home Depot and got the hardwood sheets 4' x 8' stained them darn things with Golden Oak.
lightly sanded them and applied three coats of  semi gloss Polyurathane.  Light sand between each two coats.
Use the old panneling as a template and  WAaaaLaaaa.  Section by section. You will be very proud of yourself as I am.  But I am getting more involved and am enlarging the overhead storage cabinets.  Plus am going to do something with the kitchen storage.  The drawers were built inexspensively, and don't fit or slide well. Plus, the Plumbign is a joke for the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink.  Then we can move on to the storage cabinet where the generator
should be but never had one....  Will make storage shelves for everything that needs a place to be.  I will be taking pics as the daughter and I start this PROJECT......

Happy trails Red rider//  John