News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Where is everybody?

Started by Ruben, January 21, 2006, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruben

susan-y

Ok, I actually did something interesting this weekend!  Went to the FLorence Winter Festival to see the "New Christy Minstrels" (remember them from the 60's...but then again I have been told IF you remember the 60's, you probably weren't there!  :? )  Any hooo... They have regrouped and have 6 of the orginal members, the lead Randy Sparks is 73.  They still sounded absolutely wonderful.  Even Barry MuGuire who sang "Eve of Destruction" in 1965 did an EXCELLENT job with singing the song and had updated it  (one verse) for 9/11.  Great show!

Rodney

I figured it was CUZ of my new years post and my John Prine singing that ran everyone off in the general Disscusion?? :?:  Seems not a lot of action lately I agree. I have been SO busy at work that I haven't had time to do much else. but would sure like to make it to the Oregon Coast some time to get away from home and take the Clipper of course. 8)

Horst

Forums slow..........

It's winter - people tend to take fewer Clipper trips in winter (although itused to be our favorite time to travel to many parts of Calif - when we had free time, which we don't anymore :-(

Gas is still pricey - tough to take a motorhome anywhere when you're figuring your gas bill.........

Things will pick up here in spring and summer I suspect - hopefully gas won't shoot through the roof - I may have to save my nickels and get one of theose new Mercedes Winnebagos
http://www.winnebagoind.com/html/products/recVehicles/itasca/navion.html

I'm dreaming of course..............
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

susan-y

Horst, saw one of those Navions at an RV show.  It had an interior that made you think of an civilian aircraft galley.  Locks like they have on the compartments, curves to lessen the odds of bumping on a sharp corner.  Other than the idea of a Mercedes chassis and looking really cool, it as rather small and close! Course if memory serves me, (which it usually doesn't) it was a 19ft model or close to that.  So... if you are not gonna take long trips with the spouse, kids  and the dogs, it might be do-able!!

Horst

yeah - and at almost 80 grand? I'd rather buy used and bigger and have lots of money for gas - it's just that the 17mpg+ sounds so good.

I REALLY like the German Hymer motorhomes - thoses are really sweet - and laid out nice.

Still love my Clipper though........
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.