News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Big bite of the elephant

Started by Rastaman, December 02, 2005, 03:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rastaman

As the saying goes..."How do yo eat an elephant?...one bite at a time"
well today i took a big bite...I completed the instalation of my "newly rebuilt" tranny...(yeh the bottle of tranny fix didnt last long" now i am getting really close to being able to put it on the road to see what else is really wrong with her  :) ..but before that i still need a set of tires...
Andy...what did you end up getting...and how much $$$$...i am trying to stay on budget.
Then I will be able to get this baby closer to home where i can work on the coach, the stuff that i can enjoy...
For all you guys up north ( hey Rodney, I am talking to you  :lol: )...the weather down here in florida is perfect for working out doors...didnt even break a sweet putting the tranny in...hey after all the hurricane stuff we deserve a break...right Andy?...you are still down here right?
BTW saw a Clipper in Lake City (florida)...anyone here?

rasta

Andy Illes

Hey Rasta.   Already posted it... I got a set of Dean "Trail Cat LT"s.  They're made by Cooper (NOT good - they're Chinese and come apart), but as it turned out, the Dean Brand is made in the USA, not China, and has a good rep.  $100 apiece, mounted, balanced.  So far, so good.

Sounds like you're making good progress.... I know the tranny story, lol.  Check your PMs... left one for ya.

Rodney

Quote from: "Rastaman"As the saying goes..."How do yo eat an elephant?...one bite at a time"
For all you guys up north ( hey Rodney, I am talking to you  :lol: )...the weather down here in florida is perfect for working out doors...didnt even break a sweet putting the tranny in...hey after all the hurricane stuff we deserve a break...right Andy?...you are still down here right?
BTW saw a Clipper in Lake City (florida)...anyone here?

rasta

This is what we have been facing for the last few weeks here in Central Oregon. It was 7 degrees this am Burrrr!!
be sure and check the TV {throttle valve} or kick down linkage that is is set up correctly before you do much driving, the adjustments on the 727's are very important or you could do damage to your new trans.

ice and frozen fog on the trees of my place.

happy holidays all :)

Rastaman

He he...I dont envy you...but it sure looks pretty.....oh..what am i looking for as fa as kick down adjustment...I never changed it when i took it out so i just put it back on...
rasta

Rodney

yep pretty is about all I can say good about the cold, hopefully it well kill all of the bugs we have had last summer.
there is a procedure in the manual for the adjustment of the TV, I don't have it in front of me, if all looks oem and hasn't been bent or parts missing, make sure that the levers and linkage are moving smoothly and not binding or hitting anything when operated to full throttle and the return springs are in place and doing there job.
good job on getting the trans fixed.
one bite at a time :wink: