News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Thanksgiving

Started by Andy Illes, November 23, 2005, 07:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Illes

Hope everyone's turkey is moist and perfect.... the stuffing's great.... the ham's just right.... and the fixin's are amazing... :):)

And the family love and felowship is great.  Despite all it's faults, we have a LOT to give thanks for in this great country of ours.

Andy, Jaws, and Fred

bigray

Happy Thanksgiven to all

dig

Wish you all a great holiday.

--dig

Rodney

Thanks for the best wishes Andy, Big Ray and Dig.
Have a pleasent day in what ever is planned for you all.
For us were are staying home and having the grandkids over to help us eat the 22 pound turkey I just put in the oven. I couldn't help myself but to buy the biggest turkey in the store since I was able to get it for .19 cents a pound and it is a fresh one not frozen. MUMMM. I started preparing the bird yesterday by soaking it in a brine of water, apple cider, salt, sugar, allspice, pepper & bay leaves for 12 hours. I then removed the turkey from the brine last night, rinsed well and put in the fridge for the evening. I could have just as well left it sitting on the back deck since it has been a steady 30 to 35 degrees for the last week or so a little warmer during the day but not much. This morning I finished preparing the bird for the oven by adding salt and pepper all over and inside and filling the cavitey with onion, orange 1/4's celery, tyme,sage and bay leaves.
rubbed em' down with olive oil and in a 400 degree oven breast down for 1/2 an hour, after I turned the bird back over and basted with a mixture of chicken broth, apple cider and butter built a tent with foil for the lid since the lid wouldn't fit over the 22 pounder and back in the oven for a few hours baste again and finish coohing untill 170 degrees is reached.
by the way did I mention I like to cook :lol:
how do you prepare your bird?

Enjoy!!