News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

DUES

Started by Conrad, October 09, 2005, 09:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad

I have to admit that I backed off from the website after some critisism.  I enjoy the banter and the exchange of ideas and solutions to problems that this forum provides.  I don't personaly know any other Clipper owner.  Maybe you all out there are just ether-figments of my imagination.  

Well, now to dues.  I haven't paid club dues for a few years.  Sort of just went with the flow and delved into the website once it started.   Never looked back.  So now that my Catholic guilt has forced me to confess about my lack of tithing, how does one make amends?  Are dues required for this website?  If so, why haven't I been notified that my membership lapsed?  Is anyone cross-checking forum members with the dues list?  Does dues help to support this website?  I can send a check but to whom?  I don't know if the previous address I had is still valid.  

A paypal account would be of benefit in collecting dues.

susan-y

Conrad, There are no dues to use this site.  The criteria for the site is that you own or are interested in Clippers. 8)  

Dues are to be a member of the American Clipper Owners Club.

dig

Quote from: "Conrad"...  Is anyone cross-checking forum members with the dues list?  Does dues help to support this website?  I can send a check but to whom?  I don't know if the previous address I had is still valid.  

A paypal account would be of benefit in collecting dues.

Short answer: no. There is really no reliable way to cross user accounts and paid memberships. Not everyone references their ACOC ID number in their account. I see down the road changing this and having the log in to the Tech area linked to user ID, as opposed to how it is set up now.

I agree with the Paypal suggestion, and will work out the details before the next Rally so that I can have make the suggestion to go that way.

--dig

Andy Illes

Paypal..... did somebody say PAYpal??????    Wooooo HAH

God bless you Dig.... your mommy and daddy too!!!!!

19th Century.... look out!!!!    Here comes the ACOC... heeeeeeeee

Rodney

That's a good subject Conrad & thanks for the input Susan-Y and Dig I do like to know what's going on with the club and how things work. I know some are reluctant to use Pay Pal or other cash transfur sites but I personally have had a pay pal account for several years and have never had a problem at all {knock on wood}. the intrest they pay is also more than what my bank gives me and thats a bonus. It might be a step towards buying parts and supplies for our clipper on line to. I would have ordered stuff a long time ago if I could do it on line. Just lazy I guess.
so is it up to the members to send in dues and we get no billing or notification? even tho I may never make it to an activity I still would support the club to keep things Clipping along.
Rodney

susan-y

Quoteso is it up to the members to send in dues and we get no billing or notification? even tho I may never make it to an activity I still would support the club to keep things Clipping along.
Rodney

Rodney, I got the forms to join when I bought the Clipper, previous owner left all the newsletters and such with the rig.  This address allows you to print off/download the forms to join.  You will get a annual notice for your renewals. (ok, it'll come through snail mail :wink:  )  I for one don't mind but hey.... as we say..the world would be boring if we were all the same.
http://americanclipperownersclub.com/forms/index.htm

Rodney

Thanks Susan
I don't mind snail mail thats good we get a reminder when dues are due :)
are everyones due at the same date or do they come in the dates one join?

Rodney

susan-y

Quoteare everyones due at the same date or do they come in the dates one join?

Now that one I really don't know.  I just send a check when I get a notice :lol:

Shayne

ONce upon a time, the only way you could get into the Tech Forum was with a password.  The password was printed in the ACOC newsletter, so the only way you knew what it was, was to be a member to get one.

Then along came a hacker.... and the security shortcomings in the previous message board software were exposed.  I quickly switched over to different software.  Anything can be hacked, but this particular software can at least be backed up and is easier to reinstall if something were to get messed up.

The downside is that it doesn't have a simple way to password protect the Tech Forum.  Though perhaps later versions have such a thing, something to look into for either myself or Dig...

BUT.. yes, becoming a dues paying ACOC member is highly recommended as that's what keeps this website and the other benefits of the club going.  It's only $20 a year.... I just spent more than that on dinner.  JOIN THE CLUB!  SLEEP EASY AT NIGHT  :D
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Shayne

Quote from: "Rodney"Thanks Susan
I don't mind snail mail thats good we get a reminder when dues are due :)
are everyones due at the same date or do they come in the dates one join?

Rodney

Everyone's are due at the first of the year.  Makes life easier on the membership officer  ;)
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Rodney

That is how most clubs have there dues set up as well. When I was the Seceratay - Treasure for DTA {Desert Trails Ass.} we had close to 200 members world wide which really wasn't that many people. but when it came time to do the news letters and mailing it was project to say the least. We use Paradox as the data base and a member built the forms and taught me to create the mailing labels and reports.
we simply had the membership exp date on the mailing labels for the news letters and when a members dues came ready to expire we would put a dues notice on the newsletter reminding them to send payment. it would work pretty good and cut down on a mailing for just dues as postage was a big expense for the club. there were a lot of charter members who paid up for life and others who would pay several years in advance which was nice.
I was also the sec- treas- pres - Vpres at our local lions club for some years now dealing with district and regonal forms attendence rousters was a different story :?
thanks Shayne for the insite