News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

1975 Good Condition!! $5000

Started by manneeshift, January 04, 2016, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manneeshift

Pics at  http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/rvs/5387498249.html

19 ft Class C 1975 American Clipper
Dodge Sportsman chassis
Clean Title, current registration, never needs to be smogged (but passed anyway!)
Odometer is at 85,000 miles
Engine is in good running condition, needs minor repairs and a tune up
New transmission done by AAMCO a few years ago has less than 1000 miles on it
Rare! 360 CI engine

12-14 miles per gallon highway
9-10 miles per gallon off-highway

Newish Pergo floors (easy to clean)

Nice Exterior
2.8 kw generator has electric AND PULL START
Lots of storage
Sleeps 6 people, could squeeze in 7

Good Electric Water Tank Gauges & Pump

Barometer/Thermometer/Wall clock

Really nice modded stereo

Water heater works

Awning works

Exterior Lights work

THE CAB:

2 comfortable bucket seats
Heater/Fan
Original dashboard in great condition
Clean "ashtray"/small storage flap
Sturdy glove box

LIVING QUARTERS:

One Bench (converts to bed, sleeps 2, needs minor repair of one of the legs for the bed conversion... or you can do what I do and stack stuff under it.)

Two Bench Seats w/ Pullout Table (converts to bed, sleeps 2, great shape.)

Over the cab bed (really comfortable, sleeps 2-3.)

Overhead Luggage Compartments

Microwave
4-burner Stove
2-rack Oven
Stove
Refrigerator
Double-Sided Sink
Cabinets

Bathroom Sink
Toilet
Shower

New Chairs

New Carpet in cab

Great floor plan: Bathroom & kitchen in rear, nice sitting/dining area, roomy cab.

Great for Burning Man. In it's life it's been good for camping, traveling, hunting and fishing trips, and a comfortable studio/ granny unit on wheels.

I've driven it a lot, and would take it almost anywhere. I've stored it for periods of up to 2 months, and it's started up smoothly. I tend to drive slow, especially in my big vans, but it's been good on the freeway. It can cruise at 65+ mph, but I prefer to cruise between 55-60 mph because I'm cautious and it's big. The last owner said it had never had overheating problems, and they had the transmission replaced. It's had some minor work done to it since I got it, but it hasn't given me any major problems. It's been idling rough sometimes when it's in gear and stopped, so I put it in neutral to idle. It has good mirrors for side visibility.

I lived out of it for a couple of months. It's a great vehicle. I will miss it, but right now I need to let it go. It needs a new black water tank valve (and probably gray water too).

The appliances work.
The plumbing works.
The engine works.
The brakes are good.
The exterior, cab and engine electrical systems work.

The housing electrical system works partially. The story with it is a little complicated, but the bottom line is that I don't use it and, until I decided to sell it, had been planning to put in a new system with solar panels. There's a housing battery that powers the living quarters only on a separate system from the front end.

If I were keeping it, I would get new curtains in the overhead bed area, repair and replace the gas cap that had to be wrenched out because I lost the key to it, get it a tune-up & inspection, put new weather seals on the windows, eventually replace all the wood and insulation, replace an add-on inverter that got pulled out, and install solar panels and rear view camera.

I'd also probably join the American Clipper Owners Club.

I also have a brand new RV toilet for sale that could be installed in this. There's nothing wrong with the one it has. The new one is a little taller. Also it's new. I don't know how old the one in it is. The toilet is $100 obo.

Asking $6000 or best offer. Willing to discuss partial trade with at least $2k cash. I'm looking to acquire a car or small van/truck.

Email, call or text me with any questions. Mannee show contact info

Autoarcheologist

Is the first photo the same RV?  In one photo it has an awning, but not in the other.

Any more photos?
Ian Lomax
Portland, Oregon
ACOC Member
1980 Clipper Rear Bath 821F