News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Turning on propane

Started by ShillaLamb, June 22, 2020, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShillaLamb

Hi..We filled our propane tank and trying to find how to turn on the propane ..it may have been shutoff for filling..new at this

Clipper Joe

Hello ShillaLamb,
Welcome To ACOC Web Site.
There Should Be A Valve @ The LPG Tank By Regulator.
You May Have A Small Gas Valve Under Cover Of Range Top.
Take Off Grades, Then Lift Cover & Check To See If Someone Added A Small Gas Valve At Copper Tubing To Oven/Range Unit.
I Know There Is Another Small Valve For Furnace & One For Fridge. Off There Copper Tubings. 

You Should Ask The Person Who, Check Your LPG System, & Also Who Check Your Unit.
Explain What The Repair Was Done On LPG Aka Propane... ;) ;)

The Old Saying Safe Than Sorry...

Clipper Joe
Ps; Hopes This Helps, Please Let The ACOC Web Site Know What You Find Out
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Clipper Joe

Hello,
One More Thing, Make Sure Oven Knob,
Is On Polite Off, And While Filling Clipper With Gas Shut Main LPG Valve Turned Off.

Clipper Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

SierraJoe

Hi ShillaLamb,
Here's a photo of the knob on my tank. Like ClipperJoe said it's a good (and safe) idea to have your lines checked to make sure you don't have any leaks.  It will take a minute to light your stove burner, water heater or furnace until the air clears out of the lines.  I usually light a stove burner first and once I know the air is out of the lines, I ignite the propane for the fridge. Good luck and let us know if you were able to get the propane on.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

ShillaLamb

Thanks for your help.  I?ll look into all the recommendations.