News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Puchase

Started by kgonnella, June 25, 2019, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgonnella

Hi everyone,

I just bought my first RV a couple of weeks ago and it happened to be a clipper.  Its a 77 Dodge with the 440 and rear kitchen.  I think I got an amazing deal on it, the lady only wanted 500.00 for it and according to the odometer it has 9,345 I did ask if it rolled over and she couldn't remember.  I put 10 gallons of gas in it a battery and drove it home ( about 6 miles.)  It didn't run the greatest but it had been sitting for a about 2 years.  Sense I got it home it has gotten a full tune replaced the start battery and added a quick disconnect, replaced the house battery and added a second house battery, replaced the anode rod. replaced the fan clutch, and an oil change  Me and my wife plan on joining ACOC soon.

KG
77 Dodge 440 rear kitchen

Toedtoes

Congratulations!

For a running clipper, that's quite a deal!  At 9,500 miles, it is most likely a roll over as it's 40+ years old.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

kgonnella

That's what I figured.  I just found out my power converter was not charging my house battery's.  I found another 70's Dodge RV in the junk yard and got the inverter out of it, lucky for me all the plugs are the same, I will be installing it this weekend and see what happens.

Also I bought a rebuild kit for my kitchen sink faucet and even after installing the kit the faucet still leaks.  Its like the water wont turn off at all even thou the handle is turned off.  would replacing the hole unit just be a better option and are the RV faucets a different size than a household one?? 
77 Dodge 440 rear kitchen

Toedtoes

You can use any household faucet.  I got a high neck faucet at a great deal and installed it.  I love being able to easily fit a pot under the faucet.  And it has a sprayer so I can use that also.

If the converter/charger you got doesn't work, go for a progessive industries one.  They have a three stage charger that is much better than the original charger.  You can get them for around $100-$200 depending on amps.  I installed a 45 amp one in my clipper and it has been wonderful.

P.S.  An inverter inverts 12v power to 120v power.  They are rarely standard on RVs and never on an older one. 

A converter converts 120v power to 12v power.  They are standard on RVs of any age and usually have a battery charger built in.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754