News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Old Clipper, New Owner!

Started by Jetpuffd, October 29, 2018, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetpuffd

Hello, my name is Mac and my brother and I recently purchased used Panel Pete?s 1977 Dodge Clipper off of him. He upgraded and it was time to pass the torch. He did an excellent job taking care of her and she is in wonderful shape. Such good shape in fact that her first trip was a daunting 600 mile tour of the northern Nevada desert to the High Sierra Fly-In in which she handled remarkably great. Through the unpaved roads to the sand and silted paths, she especially loved the dry lake beds.

Going to show the old girl lots of love and use as we hear her up for some expeditions and hopefully she can enjoy a new lease on life.

We are located out in Livermore, CA, on the fringe of the East Bay. I look forward to hearing about the next rally or any local events!

Clipper On!!!

Toedtoes

Welcome!

We just had the latest rally.  Only 2 clippers and 1 FoldnRoll (Irv Perch made them after the clippers) were there.  The rest were SOBs.  Most of the rally attendees have gotten rid of their clippers for newer rigs.

However, Clipper Joe and I try to go dry camping in our clippers and meet up.  You are welcome to join him, us, me whenever.  I will PM you with some options.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Jetpuffd

Darn. Sounds like it would?ve been cool. I?d like to see some other Clippers to reference some modifications that have been done and others I?m considering. Any idea when the next rally or mini rally will be?

Toedtoes

The club usually has a rally every month, but I think it's rare for an actual clipper to be there.

Throw out questions here about the mods and we can provide some feedback and info.

Jetpuffd

I did have a question about the frame extensions that the clippers got. I bought my clipper and the previous owner had found a junked clipper and cut out some frame with the idea being to beef up the clipper frame extensions with actual frame versus the lighter duty channel they used at the factory. This would help prevent the rear sagging with heavier tongue weights. Has anyone done this mod?

Toedtoes

Sorry, I missed your last post.

I know our prior supply officer built up his hitch, but don't remember the details.  I recommend you start a new thread in the Technical questions board - there will be someone who has done it and can help.

Koamileli

I?m in the midst of repairs on my brand-new-to-me Clipper in Seattle, and will be heading down through central California in the next few weeks as part of a cross-country break-in journey. Would love to meet up with anyone on a rally or get-together!