News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Hello from VA. May be parting a clipper

Started by CPMaynard, August 14, 2018, 11:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPMaynard

Hello. I came across a 20ft 1977 Clipper that I may be buying for the engine and transmission for my D150. It has 70k miles. The RV has been pretty much gutted. The appliances are gone except the water pump. The ac is also gone. All the windows are there and except the back doors and lights are there. The cab is good. Dash and seats are in good shape. Tires are in great shape. Fiberglass she'll seems in great shape. There are still things that could be salvaged. I'm just looking to see if there is a demand so I could recoup some of my money back on buying it.

JerryT

Looking for an update on the Clipper, still around?
Thanks

JerryT

Clipper Joe

Hello JerryT,
How Have You Been?
Do You Still Have Bubble Top Clipper?
Miss Reading Your Posts, They Have Been Very Helpful,
To This Clipper Web Site.
Would Sure Like To Here How You Are Doing.  ;)

Clipper Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

JerryT

Hi Joe
Still using the Clipper---still loving it. People have an increased interest in the smaller rigs lately around here and I get asked for a Clipper tour quite often. I have a few upgrades I need to post---just little ones, no slide out or anything like that :D Put in a fresh 440 via the cradle (out and in from the bottom) easiest engine swap I have done in a while. I used my levelers to lower it down (wheels off) unbolt everything and then raised the coach back up leaving the cradle and engine on the shop floor ( transmission stayed hooked up and hanging in coach)  Freshened-up lots of little things, heater hoses ect. while I had my golden chance to set there underneath and use both hands at the same time 8) I took pics so I need to post them this winter.

JerryT