News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replaced Clipper Sticker

Started by susan-y, August 17, 2005, 08:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susan-y

http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/rv/decal/index.shtml

Don't remember who posted this but thanks.

I found this link awhile back and saved it.  Replaced my rear sticker yesterday and it looks absolutely fabulous!!  Thanks for the step by step help, I would've had a bubbled, slightly crooked mess if I had tried it without the instructions. :o Sue

Andy Illes

Way to GO girls!!!!!   I replaced mine last summer too.... and you're right... makes a HUGE difference, huh?

There's a good thread here about the same thing... guess you didn't find it.

Anyway..... congrats....  :D

bigray

My preference is not to have the stickers. You folks are making me feel bad!

susan-y

QuoteYou folks are making me feel bad!

As you should, Big Ray! :wink:

Rodney

Ya Ray all your clipper is missing is the decals Whats a Clipper with out a Clipper Sticker!!
One other step I use when putting them 4 x 4 stickers on about every truck I work on at the shop is to use a solution we buy that is sprayed on to the clean surface just before the sticker. The stuff is in a pump bottle and I have in the past before they came out with this sriff is H2O and a drop of soap. doing this give you the chance to move the transfur around and pull it off if you need to. when it's where you want it use a plastic spreader or squeege and from the center work out the liquid bubble never a problem when done this way. I pretty much must use this method
since some of the transfurs can cost 50 $.. to ruin one of them is not a good thing.
The other method works to I have done it like that for years.
good job
I need to order up  the decals and some tail lights That will spruce up my clipper a  lot
Rodney

Andy Illes

Dunno if y'all remember Ray's little "thing" with his potty.... which he of course prompltly blamed on his wife (snicker, snicker... yeah right, Ray... snicker, snicker.... chortle).  See... his thing with the Clip sticker is sortta like that.... blames it on just not liking stickers (snicker, snicker... yeah right, Ray... don't like stickers... uh huh... snicker, snicker... chortle)

Here, for all of Clipper Land, is the REAL skinny on BigRay's naked Clip... which I either know personally, or have from unimpeachably reliable and higly-placed annonymous Houston sources.  To wit:  

The guy who painted his Clip (who I think was called "Buck"... which is what most guys in Texas are called) actually told him "Ya know Mr. BigRay, this here thang would look a LOT better with some American Clipper stickers on 'er.  Know what?  Hows 'bout I call that there Mel Guerrera fella 'an gettcha some, put 'em on for $10 extra... including the long distance call... whaddaya say?"  

Well, dear fellow Clipper lovers.... we all know what his answer to THAT one was... don't we?!

He can tell us 'till he's blue inna face that he just doesn't like stickers (though I bet his Levi's still have the Levi tag!!!).  But this all of course REALLY tells us that: 1) He will eventually blame it on his wife; 2)  He blew the extra $10 on a 6-pak of Lone Star and a King Edward cigar, and; 3)  He's an anarchist, radical, anti-social Commie!!!

So to resolve this matter, I suggest that our treasurer immediately start a "Let's get Clipper stickers on BigRay's Clipper" fund to which we all donate 'till we amass $10... hold the next Clip rally in Houston, in BigRay's front yard... and stay there drinking beer and raising all KINDS of hell until he puts the damned stickers on!!!!  I will personally gladly kick this fund off with my donation of $1.

Y'all in?????

bigray

Well........I can't say I didn't expect the backlash.

First off, my yard is not that big. If more than two Clippers appeared in my front yard the remaining ones would be in the street. At which point I'd let the local authorities deal with you (which seems like my freaking homeowners association).

And correction.......I never said I didn't like stickers. I said I didn't like the idea (or rather placement) of the stickers on my Clipper. Fine, I'll get stickers. I'll place one on my front cabover window and rear window.

I have stickers for year-long park passes on the counter in my Clipper. I haven't installed them either. I've just never been a bumper sticker kindda guy. But given it is heresy not to have one on my beloved Clipper I guess I will have to apply ACOC stickers.

Lastly, if you wanted to start a fund, you folks can donate to my periodic bike rides in support of American Lung Association, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.

Andy Illes

Heeeeeeeeeeeeee.... it actually worked... he's getting stickers!!!!!   HEY MEL... SEND 'EM OVERNIGHT!!!

Ok Ray.. THEN you can enter it in the Cleanest Clipper contest.  Of course, we'll have to knock off at LEAST a few points for improper positioning...  :lol:

Horst

Now I'm feeling bad BigRay - look what I started...........

but wait - you were the one who wanted a "cleaniest" Clipper contest, and then proceded to provide a photo of a front view of your Clipper, where we would all immediately notice this GLARING omission...............futher blunders include sticking that cute boy of yours in the corner to hide that rust and the dent........
:lol:
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Andy Illes

Horst... just wait.... bettcha it's not over.  Once he does get the decals on, wanna bet he stands the kid onna windshield wipers, so we can't see where he (mis)placed the front one?????  Probably have the poor little guy hanging from the roof-rack so we can't see where he (mis)placed the rear one either.

Shaking my head..... those obstinate Tex people.  What are ya gonna do, huh?

RAY.... PUT THE DUMB STICKERS WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!   Sheesh.

bigray

au contraire.............I'm going to post it in 3-D. Howya like me know!

Andy Illes

Yeah, yeah, yeah Ray.... you tried fooling us once.  We'll believe it when we see it..... and there BETTER not be a kid blocking our view this time either!!  Or it's gonna be Clipper City at the BigRay household!!!