News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Leaking Cabover window

Started by bigray, July 20, 2005, 06:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Greeting All,

I have a leak in my cabover window. I've used polyurethane sealer to chalk around the window but it still leaks. I'm one step from removing the entire window completely to reputty and reseal it. However, I'm wondering if the window itself is prone to leaking.

I've consider putting some sort of visor/canopy over the window to route water around it.

Anyone else have this problem. If so, how did you fix it. The only reason I notice leak was because I had a book stored behind my passenger seat and it was ruin by water that collected behind my pasenger seat during a hard rain.

Rodney

Hi Ray
I  guess I am not sure which window you are talking about? one on the side up high?- long narrow one next to the bed above the seats?
regardless if it is leaking between the window frame and the fiberglass body I would bet the old caulking is dried and cracked causing the leak. The frame should be removed and the old caulk cleaned off the window and body and install new seal and replace. Since your coach has been painted and if the windows wern't removed before the paint was applied be carefull with the paint edge that it doesn't peel if it were over masked. you might need to run a razor blade around the frame to cut the paint before pushing out the frame. I am planning at some point to remove all of the window and recaulk them to avoid any leaks later on.
Rodney

bigray