News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replace Fresh water sending unit and gauge

Started by bigray, July 15, 2005, 01:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

My fresh water gauge works when it wants to. Any idea on replacing the guage and sending unit? Seems it would be tricky to find a sending unit for that.

It's hard to tell how much water I have. When I'm boondocking I sometime just want 1/2 a tank of water.

Andy Illes

If you'd just quit stuffing your Playboy Centerfolds in the filler hole, and just spring for a new gizzmo..... those boobs wouldn't be stuck all over your sender contacts..... sheesh.

bigray

now my secret is out!!!!!!! Thanks alot!

Andy Illes

On a (slightly) more serious note........

When I first got Fred, the onboard water didn't work at all (pump ran, but dry), so I removed the tank (it was fulla clogging pink, green and fuzzy white stuff you do NOT want to know about!!!).  There isn't a "sender", per se..... there's a vertical series of 5 little sensor gizmos screwed through the tank wall, each with 2 wires to it.  If there's water up to one... it conducts so the guage for that level lights up.

The terminal connections were all pretty cruddy and I cleaned 'em up.  If yours are like that, might wanna try the same thing.  Could be all your problem is.  

I'd imagine the holding tanks work the same way.

Horst

Also,
check the connection on the switch you use to check the water level - mine didn't work at first either - I took apart that whole gizmo - carefully cleaned all the connections, and then all worked well - got lucky I guess..........

have not started my Clipper in almost a month.........it's staring at me with a very sad face............

:-(
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.