News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

fresh water leaks

Started by mikeyo, June 02, 2005, 03:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyo

hello, ever since i've had my clipper it leaks a lot of fresh water straight from the tank fill- hole, especially after i've just filled the tank. what do you do? do you put a cork in the hole? stuff a sock down there? it seems strange it should do that! thanks!

Andy Illes

Have you lifted the dinette seat off to see where it's leaking?  Mine has a "corrugated" flex-hose from the outside filler to the tank, held both ends by regular hose clamps.   Loose ones would be my first guess.

Good luck.

mikeyo

no, it's leaking out the front, on the wall of the clipper. no leaking hose- the water just comes up the hose and sloshes out the little door.

Jimbilly

Sounds to me like you are overfilling the tank.  If you shove your filling hose into the filling door until it overflows it will overfill your tank.  It kind of blows the tank up like a ballon and the excess water will escape back through the filler until the tank equalizes.l

Jimbilly
78 bunkhouse/440

Quote from: "Jimbilly"l.

Well you know what they say, nice try but no cigar.