News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Removing Black Streak

Started by bigray, April 10, 2005, 07:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Greeting All,

Just wanted to pass along a tip. I had black streaks running from my roof down the side of the Clipper. I've read several recommendation on how to remove them. I read on another forum that a 50/50 mixture of Zep degreaser (from Home Depot) and cheap winshield washer fluid would do the trick. NOT! I guess the ones on my Clipper where more stuborn.

I put some clorox in a spray bottle and sprayed it on a household sponge.  I then rubbed the black streaks and they went away. It took a little patience and muscle but the streaks are no more.

I then polished and waxed the Clipper so that the streaks won't stick next time. She looks good and ready for next weekend!

Shayne

For real stuborn stains, especially when it's in the pores of the fiberglass, Ajax or Softscrub work great. They will take off any shine, so you will need to use some polish and wax after, but it works like a champ for deep cleaning of the fiberglass.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146