News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Water heater replacement

Started by dig, February 24, 2005, 11:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dig

I bought a new water heater today and will do the install in the next couple of days. Anyone have any tips? Not sure if the one I am removing is the original, but I suspect it is. Looks like the only real difficult part may be piping the LP gas. The valve on the new one is in a slightly different position.

This is the new one I bought -

Suburban 6 Gallon LP Water

Anything helpful would be appreciated!

--dig

Conrad

I don't have any tips for you but I would sure like to know how the operation goes.  Mine is tired and i was thinking of replacing it.

bigray

I have no tips as I haven't tackle that one yet. It would be great if you have the time to photo journal the replacement. I'm sure I will have to do the replacement real soon.

Does the new one allow you to start it without lighting a pilot! Was telling Andy the other day that I hate having to light that pilot. I'm getting lazy in my old age. Not really lazy just want more time to hug beers when I arrive at my camping desination!

dig

I will take pics of what I go through. It really doesn't look extremely difficult, but I've said that before ;)

This heater I got is a basic model. There were a lot of options, but I decided to go economy.

I got the Suburban 6 gal LP heater. Cheapest I found it was at RV Parts Outlet for $170. I picked it up at Camping World for $225. Figured after shipping (35lbs) and wait time, it would be a wash. Camping World also had the Direct Spark model - this is the one that has the ignitor inside the RV - for $377.00. That was a little rich for my blood. I don't mind throwing the match to it ;) The next model up from the one I got was LP and Electric for $270.

I will post up pictures when I am done.

--dig

bigray