News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

LED Interior Lights

Started by Shayne, January 17, 2005, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

In an effort to extend dry camping ability, I've been looking at LED lighting solutions.  Maybe I should have just replaced with flourencent, but LED is more efficient, and would still allow for original look.  ANyway... I finally found some LED's that should work for our interior lights.  They are flat PC boards with a pigtail with an 1156 connector on it.  A little silicone glue to hold them in the light fixture and they should work.

BUT... they aren't exactly cheap.. though I think they are still cheaper than a decent flourecent fixture, are supposed to last darn near forever, use less power etc...

Here's a link - http://www.superbrightleds.com/other_bulbs.htm  Scroll down toward the bottom of the page.

What I am really looking for is if anyone has seen anything similar anywhere else for less?  I already got a couple other bulbs for the side reading lights from eBay, but I don't see anything like these on there.   With LED's they need to be pointed in the general direction you need the light.

If nobody comes up with another source, I'll get 1 or 2 and check them out for how well they actually light things up.  Might be that we would still need a good light in the kitchen or something, but these should be able to put out enough light to keep from tripping over things in the dark  ;)
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

dig

Such a geeky solution - love it

dig