News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Instrument wiring ???

Started by AndyIlles, January 04, 2005, 08:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyIlles

Hi all.

My fuel, water temp and oil pressure guages went dead this morning ... they pegged.  Anybody know which wire to the round connector plug to the instrument panel feeds 'em hot?  Posting this in Tech too.

Thanx, Andy

bigray

I assume you checked the fuse.

I had a fuse out and took the gauge fuse out. I forgot that I did it and headed down the road. I had no battery charge and no oil pressure. You should have seen me pulling off the road to check everything!

AndyIlles

Hiyya Ray... thanks.

Mine doesn't have a fuse for the guages, unless it's an inline one, and I don't remember seeing one when I switched stuff in Daytona when I got the "new" panel.  Onna the guys in the tech forum sez there's a voltage regulator for them on the back of the panel... coullda died.  I need to pull it out and check that.

PS... nasty snow forecast for tonight.  Low back home's 76... groan.  Times Square for New Years' was amazing though (my first time there), and the temp was in the mid 50s.

shelahj

Can you let me know what the fix was - I'm having the same issues. The gas and temp gage is not working.

Thanks!

Andy Illes

If yours is a Dodge too (mine's a '76), there's a little rectangular, shiny metal "can" thing on the back of the instrument cluster.  I guess it's a circuit breaker or something.  At any rate, a new one took care of it.  Be sure to check the sender connections too.... if they're loose, you won't get good readings.  

The junkyard replacement panel I got had a broken foil on the printed circuit board that I had to solder.  I did that before I even installed it and don't know what it led to.  Just something else to look for.

Hope that helps... good luck.

Robert P. Anderson

THERE IS A FUSE IN THE FUSE BOX MARKED INST. THE REGULATOR ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE INSTRUMENT PANEL REDUCES THE VOLTAGE FROM 12 VOLTS TO 5 VOLTS THAT RUNS ALL OF THE INSTRUMENTS. IF YOU NEED THE PIN # I CAN LOOK THAT UP FOR YOU:D