News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Gas Tank Sending Unit

Started by JeffM, October 10, 2003, 06:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffM

Is there a easier way to service/replace the sending unit on the gas tank instead of having to drop the gas tank?  I have a 1976 Dodge 821F 440 Clipper. Running out of gas during morning rush hour traffic was enough encouragement to fix this problem.
Jeff Milligan
ACCOC #3632
milligan50@msn.com

HPotter

Just recently had mine repaired. It was leaking gas around the fitting where the outlet hose connects. They brazed it. I have the smaller 35 gal.(?) tank.
The assembly is mounted on the front face of the tank near the top. By running my fuel level down to less than 1/4 tank, it was possible to remove the unit without spillage. If your gauge isn't reading, it may be tough to know when the level is low enough.
Plan to make every effort to repair the old one--they are hard to find any more.

Harold, ACOC #886.

JeffM

Thanks for the information. I think I ran out of gas so it would be a good time to fix the sender. I believe mine is the smaller 35 gal tank.

Jeff Milligan - ACOC #3426
Jeff Milligan
ACCOC #3632
milligan50@msn.com