News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

refrigerator 78 clipper

Started by robert spence, May 04, 2003, 02:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert spence

my fridge on propane only is cold in the freezer compartment model Rm 66f. the expert opinions say it is low on fluid . no shop in my town of bellingham or outside of seattle will attempt to do repairs , It is currently being replaced with R M 10-2 model . it is being offered free to anyone who will pick it up or pay for shipping . Spence H B P  360 383 0961  Any takers ?

Plante

Had the same problem - so replaced the original Dometic with a new Dometic.  The replacement is one inch taller and two inches deeper.  Had to raise the shelf above the fridge compartment and install molding to extend the compartment.  Looks and works ok though.

robert spence

TKANKS GERRY /DONNA  THE RV MECH WAS AWARE OF THE SPACE PROBLEM.   THE UNIT CAN BE REPAIRED PLEASE RESPOND OTHERWISE IT WILL BE HAULED TO THE DUMP NEXT WEEK .

Proud2BAmerican

Hi Robert:
    Have you already dumped it yet? If not I might be interested in it. Do you know how much the shipping and handling will cost to send it to Sacramento?
                   Thanks,
                   Ron H.

robert spence

dear ron  the replacement unit weight is 92 lb .should the unit be crated to prevent damage?visually the front looks like a new unit. check out the shipping problem and let me know.

robert spence

dear Ron   Oak harbor freight line advises the rate as follows . Shipping from residence ferndale wa, to sacramento ca 100lb $133.24 if you pick up at dock otherwise it will be $25.00 more for residence delivery.this is not crated.In your town Crane could handle the repairs  we are leaving for seattle today be back monday  so advise your decision by then/ Spence h.b.p.

robert spence

Clipper members   the reparable refrigerator is now open for anyone . Ron did not respond to shipping information .the unit is free to anyone for shipping cost. some on in the past had a need for a door . to help defry my investment in the new unit ,shipment prepaid to first $50 offer.

EKS

If you decide to part it out let me know. we need the rod that you pull when lighting. Ours is broken so we have to open the outside door and hold it in that way. emeryk@eksco.net

robert spence

Clipper Club     Do to popular request  the dometic frig will be parted out , please send list of parts , Spence

Sally Ann Healy

Hi, Spence.  I could use the rod and/or knob that changes from battery to elec. to propane. I broke mine off.  Also, I believe I have a black jacket that you may have left behind the last time you both visited.  Hope you are both well.  Sounds like you're really using & enjoying your rig.  (FYI:  both of my Tenn. Walker mares had fillies this yr.; one black & one chestnut.  Both are gorgeous!)  SA Healy  #3165

robert spence

dear Sally Ann    Congratulation on the horses ,yes ilost a black jacket somewhere . I am confused as to the parts you need. starting from the left knob C is for propane Knob A is for gas add electric shore power. Knob G is for 12 volt onlyhouse battery.do you have a dometic manual refer to it for abetter explation of the Knobs.If you need a photo of the dometic page i can send it to you .    metal detecting has me hooked and traveling to attend the hunts   Spence  

Sally Ann Healy

I'm at work right now, so all I can tell you is that it's the far right hand knob.  I've been reading about people replacing their old Domestics w/ new ones that have the knobs on top & automatically change over from elec., to propane etc.  They're a bit bigger, I guess.  How much do they cost?  FYI.  I've seen 2 more Clippers by my house this week making a total of 7 locally owned rigs that I've run across.  I've had an offer to buy my big ole 6500 generator that I used to carry on the outside back shelf, which was way too heavy & made the front end pretty light.  I'd really like to get an inside 4000 to go into the  storage compartment, if I could find a good used one.  Thx for your reply.  SAHealy, #3165

robert spence

good morning  its monday another hot day in ferndale pribabily get up to 69 this morning .the cat is looking out the door to decide whether to chase the wild rabbit that grases on the lawn every day.the knob that you want is priced at $ 20 plus postal .let me know so i can get it shipped this week. when you decide about a new frig it is available in seattle at a reasonable price.howeever the controlls are at the bottom and it does not automatically switch from propane to shore power with ouy turning a knob. spence

Sally Ann Healy

Bob:  thx for your prompt reply.  I'll get back to you ASAP re: the knob.  I'm going to look at it again.  There's a place in Portland, also, named Laurelhurst RV something that work on Domestics etc.  I'm going to call them tomorrow, too.  The fridge & furnace both probably need looking at to see if they need to be serviced, I think.  Someday I'm really going to take a trip again in it.  By the way, my new phone no. is 360-607-5123.  SAH