News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

escape hatch lid replacement

Started by mempersman, February 03, 2003, 07:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mempersman

Can anyone tell me who manufactures the front most mounted escape hatch/vent combo( measures approx. 14.5x 21.5) on a 79 Clipper. I am in need of the lid and don't know where to get one. Thank You.......

handyman

Look at your news letter I think you can get them from the club

mgates604

It's a pretty standard size and can be found at most RV Supply/Hardware stores.  When I had to get mine replaced, I just removed it from my Clipper and took it with me.

Don't forget to get the sealing putty tape stuff to keep the new one from leaking when you put it in.

-mike

Sally Ann Healy

I was just at Camping world in Wilsonville, Ore. yesterday; & they don't carry any part of the escape hatch unless specially ordered.  They suggested that I try G.I. Joe's or Sears.  I, also, need to replace the cover to my escape hatch & was going to write to ask if the club carries it in the supply trailer.   Also, I need to replace the top right hand side (not front) orange plastic light cover on the upper part of the RV.  Mine was shattered & can't really take it w/me, so do you carry it; or is it a universal size?  Thx .   Sally Ann healy

Sally Ann Healy

P.S.  I already got the putty for sealer from High School Phy.in Battle Ground, Wa.  It comes on a strip, & the Ace Hardware Mgr. said it's really good stuff.  SAH

Fred404

I could not locate a front escape vent at any RV supplyer in Tacoma or Olympia, I found several on line

copy and past this link in to your brouser

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?pageNum=249&dealerId=1043

Texas Trader
PO Box 868 , La Feria TX, 78559
(956) 797-3000

HPotter

If your lid is 13 x 22 inches, it's available from the club at $36 plus shipping. Check the parts list in your newsletter. That's where I got mine.

Harold, *886