News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Air Conditioner Leak

Started by Guinnessecco, May 06, 2003, 05:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guinnessecco

Has anyone had an air conditioner that leaks a lot of water into the RV when it rains?  I noticed that the roof of the 21 foot American Clipper has a raised edge on the sides and it slopes up towards the front to accommodate the bed over the front seats.  The weight of the air conditioner also causes the roof to sag about half an inch. This leaves only the back side for overflow of water that pools on the roof.  The pooled water backs up through the hole in the bottom of the air conditioner where condensate exits the unit.  My solution was to buy two foam gaskets, one on top of the other, to raise the air conditioner up an inch and a half above the roof and out of the pooled water.  I also used two pieces of wood on each side of the air conditioner as additional support so that the gaskets would not get compressed more than an inch and a half.