News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Generator Question

Started by Fuzzo24, December 17, 2002, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzo24

Hello, the generator in my 1978 clipper seems to be broken. The guy said the throttle linkage needs repairing.  What i am wondering is if it would be better to replace the generator than to have this one repaired.  What do u think? Is the one made from 1978 suffecient for todays needs? TV, Refrigerator, air, lights and everything else?

handyman

If the unit came with your clipper yes it has the power, If its still running ok except for the linkage then its a chepper to fix than replace,If not the new units are far better a lot quiter and use far less gas and are smaller wish I had one I have a koller in mine and it sounds like a tharsing machine dont no if this helps but it boils down to if how much money you wont to spend

Shayne

If you do decide to replace your generator, check this place out. http://www.coloradostandby.com/

I bought an Onan MicroQuiet 4000 from them.  Was about $2300 delivered to my door, which was by far the best price I found at the time.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146