News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New Clipper Projects for the New Year

Started by Toedtoes, January 22, 2015, 06:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I thought it'd be fun to list our clipper projects for the new year.  Great way to get ideas on upgrades, etc. and, of course, it's always fun to just talk about our clippers.  ;D

Here are my list of projects so far:

1. Figure out why my wipers have suddenly stopped working since the ignition mod;

2.  Re-wire the chassis to house battery cable (putting in a 4 gauge cable) and adding a switch to it - so that I can jumpstart my chassis battery with the house battery;

3. Replacing the aftermarket oil meter with one that has a coiled hose.  The current one has a plastic hose;

4. Changing the shore power cord to a detachable power cord.  This way if I want to take the clipper out around town, I can just detach the cord and drive away (instead of having to shove the cord into the little compartment;

5. Replace the blinds fabric.

So, what are your projects?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hi All,
Most Project For These Old Rigs Are Always Ongoing. :-[

I Was Able To Check Off A Few Projects.
1.) Installed Cab Power Steering Gearbox.
2.) Flushed Out Power Steering Fluid, Was Able To Locate The Proper P/S Fluid.
     Mopar Recommends A Clear Fluid. It Is Not Recommend Putting In ATF.
3.) Installed Mopar NOS Window Washer Tank & Pump.
4.) Installed Extra Capacity Transmission Alumiun, 4 Extra Qts. ATF Fluid, (Total 8 Qts.).
5.) Need To Add Trans. Guage For Transmission Temp.(Installed Sending Unit In Pan During Install & Service.
6.) Installed New Tie Rods, Drag Link, Tie Rod Bars, & Installed New Center Link To Front Suspension.
Ball Joints Seemed To Be In Good Shape.
7.) Installed New Cross Cut & Drilled Front High Performance Brake Rotors. Also Checked & Pack Front Wheel Bearings, Have Really New Brake Pads & Caibers in Front. Re-Checked Front Wheel Torque For Lug Nuts.

To Do This Year Is To Replace 16.5 Rear Dual Wheels & Install New 16" Michelin HD Tires. Waiting On $$$$$$.
Will Be Adding On Another Post, Parts List & Tools Needed For Front End Replacement & Power Steering Gearbox Replacement.

Take Care & Feel Free To Ask Any Questions You May Have On Following Installations.

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

2 Design

just found 16" wheels for the clipper - what do you suggest for tires... thanks for the help... Lauren

Clipper Joe

Hello Lauren,

I Have A 1977 Dodge American Clipper, It Came With 16.5 Wheels & Tires.

If You Get 16" Wheels, Are These Used Off An Early RV.

Note:   If You Are Installing 16" Wheels On Dodge You Have To Use Coin Style Wheels, These Are A Concetric Type They Lock When Mounted On Rear Dual. They Have A Cup Cone Around Lug Hole.
I Think These Were Used Till 1991 On Dodge 1 Ton Trucks.

Are You Planing On Installing These On Front?

I Use On All 7 Tires On My Clipper, Michlen Ms2  LT 225/75R16 These Work Very Good & Have A Great Tire Warrenty.

Lauren What State Are You From. What Year Is Your Clipper?

Hope This Helps, 

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher