News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Hot Water Heater

Started by Mr. Garrison, May 11, 2015, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Garrison

Does anyone know the make and model of the hot water heater (6gal) in the 77 Clipper?  And what is the make and model of a good replacement that will fit? 

Toedtoes

There wasn't a single water heater brand for the clippers.  I found that out when I needed a new outside door for mine - the size of the door varies depending on the brand and there was no one brand for any given year. 

Your best bet is to find out the brand in yours and then use that to size a new one.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello Mr. Garrison,

Like Toedtoes Stated in Her Thread, There Are Many Styles & Types Used On Clipper.
I Have An Orig. Water Heater In My 1977 Rear Kitchen Clipper.
It Is A Mor Flo ARV 6 By American Appliance Co. Do Not Know If This Mfg. Is Still In Business. ???

I Would Use A Newer Mfg. Like Suburban Or Attwood, You Will Have To Call Or Go Online For Your Sizes.
I Will Be Going To Rally This weekend & Will Talk With Supply Officer, Who May Have More Info On This Topic.

I Have Found This Company To Be More Helpful, American RV Company Contact # 626-513-4777 ;D

NOTE: If You Can Send A Photo Of Your Water Heater That Will Be Most Helpful To See What Type You Have, Also What Style Of Controller Being Used On Yours.

Also, You May Have To Replace The Outside Door, Due To The Styles Of New Water Heaters, I Would Get One With Electronic Igniter.

Hope This Helps You Out, Make Sure You Respond, This Helps Other Clipper Owners Who May Have Same Issues With There Water Heaters...

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher