News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

hello all and thanks for havin me

Started by paulnmelody, July 18, 2014, 01:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulnmelody

we are new to the clipper world and really lucked into ours. its a 1978 21' in really good shape we pulled it home from texas to oklahoma for a friend that ended up paying us then turned around and gave it to us it had set for 6 years with a bad fuel pump and oil pump cost 200.00 to fix and we took it out over the 4th of july weekend we have a place 6 miles from the house called dripping springs it was a great little trip for the clipper if i can fig. out how to upload pics ill post some also would like to ask if anyone knows where i can get the front decal mine has faded really bad thanks....

Toedtoes

Congratulations and welcome!!  There is lots of information to be had here.  There are several 1978 clipper owners here on the website, so feel free to post questions, etc.

As for the decal, they are available through the national club to club members.  You can get the registration form and the supply order form at the main website (www.americanclipperownersclub.com and click on Forms).  As a club member, you will also have full access to all the technical boards here on the forum.

Larry Ray was on the forum yesterday, he's in Texas.  And RDReady is on his way back to Mississippi.  Depending on your actual locations in each state, you might be fairly close to each other.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hello PaulnMelody,

Welcome To The Best ACOC  RV Site, As Toedtoes Has Stated Once You Join The National Club, You Have A Vast Amount Of Info Here As Well As Clipper Parts From The Clubs Supply Officer.

Most Of The Club & Officers Have Been Working Hard On Keeping This Dream Alive. :D

Please Post As Much Info You May Have, There Seems To Always Have Members Who May Answer Your Questions, Or Find Them For You.

There Seems A lot Of New Owners Have 1978 Clippers, As Toedtoes Has Said.

Welcome Again

Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

paulnmelody

first year of rear bath

paulnmelody

paulnmelody

heres the front

Toedtoes

I'd check the front cabover window for leaks.  Clipper Joe has a source for the window trim - $1.90 per foot (black only).  If he doesn't post it before I get home, I'll post it then.

If you don't mind not having "original", he also has a source for LED clearance lights - easy to install and replace as needed.

The inside looks great.  I like the retro fabric used - keeps to the 70's feel, but not quite so loud as the original.

paulnmelody

the previuse owner said he had a nightmare and kicked out window in his sleep thanks looking forward to the link

Toedtoes

paulnmelody

thank you for the link i was in rv tonight looking and theres no leak :D one thing i have found from are lake trip is the sewer wont shut off when i removed the cap to drain it was already there with the valve shut off im not good at sizes so dont know what size valve and pipe i need for the 78 any help would be great thanks

paulnmelody

also wanted to say my local not many people allowed to go through salvage yard/(only lets close friends go in) has 3 clippers that have been there for years if anybody is looking for anything that has been diffacult to find let me know and ill see what i can do

paulnmelody

last time the clipper was used was in 2008 untill this this is us 2014 july 4th weekend bringing the joy back to the young thing 8)

paulnmelody

8) my girl getting relaxed by the fire  8)

Clipper Joe

Hello Paul & Melody,
Nice Photos, Makes Me Want To Take 'Wilson' Out. ;) We Have A Mini Clipper Dry Camp/Fish Trip In Sept. Then Rally In Oct. So I Guess I Can Wait, Its Hard.

Have You All Named Your Clipper Yet? It Seems To Bring You Luck When You Have A Name. ;D

You Stated That You Having Problem In Dump Valves.
1.) There Is A Link On Home Page, Sold By Dupree Products, I Have Bought Parts From Them, Have Replaced Both Twis-Lock Valve Kit. You Pull Handle Out & Take 2ea. Small Screws From Top & Remove Valve Assembly Less Housing, Cost $26.60 Ea. Or You Can Get Seals For $6.70 Ea. Easy Fix.
I Bought Assembly Units & 2ea. Extra Seals & Rebuilt Old Ones For Next Time.

There Are 2 Tanks Under Clipper, One Is Gray Water Tank, From Sink & Black Tank For Toilet Waste. Both Have 3" Discharge That ABS Pipe Fits With Clamps.

The Supply Officer Mel, Has A New Retro Set-Up It  It Is 2 Ea. Gate Valves (Valera) One For Black Tank Is 3" Then He Uses 2" ABS With Adapter To 3"  And About 4 Foot 2" ABS Piping,The Drain Is In Center. A lot Of The Members Have Switched To This Set-Up & Are Very Happy With Not Having To Crawl Under To Drain Gray Water Twis Lock Valve, I Do Not Mine It @ This Time, If Have Any Problems With Original System I Will Change To The Retro System. 

Hope This Helps,
You Stated There Are 3 Salvaged Clipper, I'm Looking For A Real Nice Rear Chrome Bumper, I Live In Northern Calif. So I Do Not Know What It Would Cost To Get It To Me, Can You Check To See If The Clippers Have A Real Nice Bumper? :o

Thanks For The,Photos & Posts & Have A Great Camping Trip. Get Into The ACOC National Club To Get The Whole Web Site. A Lot Of Info For You & That Great RV, Remember Name It?

Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

paulnmelody

soon as it dries up I'll check in see how the bumpers are I'm sorry but please tell me again what year your clipper is or does it matter?I would like to say thank you to all who have commented on are clipper and say thank you 4 making us feel welcome to the group will try to get my membership fees n next month only wish you all were closer to Oklahoma would be great to come to one of the get togethers if any of yall find yourself around Tulsa please check out Dripping Springs in okmulgee wonderful camping gotta go for now Austin city limits is jamming With Randy Newman