News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New owner of a 1978 Rear kitchen Clipper

Started by wackyman9183, May 15, 2014, 08:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wackyman9183

Hello Everyone,
My Names Kevin from Modesto, Ca. I just purchased a 1978 Clipper in March. It runs great. Passed smog! :-) Needs some TLC. But is in really good shape for its age. I have a lot of plans to bring it completely back to life. I really like this forum. Need to find my check book so i can join the club. So i can take advantage of your tech forum and really pick your brains of Clipper wisdom. lol. Take care.

Clipper Joe

Hello Kevin from Modesto,

Welcome To Clipper Nation ;D

You Have Picked One Of The Best Rv's Ever Made. You Really Want To Join The ACOC National.
You Will Have Access To The Complete  Web Site The Tech Info Is Detailed,  From Other Clipper Owners All Over, Even In Canada. Also You Can Buy Parts From Clipper Jr, Mel Is Supply Officer, He Is At Rally's Or There Is A Mail Order Form To Use, You Can Save On Shipping If You Buy At Rally.

For Now Kevin, You Can Use Non Member Thread, If You Have A Quick Question, But Please PM CanineCaravan, He Has Membership :), Or  PM Admin. Toedtoes, She Can Get You Info On Club.   

They Send Out Rally Info & Also Have A Real Nice Newsletter That Is Mailed Out.

We Have A 1977 Dodge 440-3 Rear Kitchen Call Him " Wilson "  Don't Forget For Luck You Should Name Your Clipper, Looking @ Photo On Your Feed, Really Looks Very Clean & Well Kepted Up ;D

Feel Free To Ask All The Questions You May Have There Are A Great Support Here!!!

Again Welcome,
Joe & Denise
ACOC#  3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Welcome Kevin!

Membership is $30.  The updated application form with the submission info is on the main website http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com/forms/index.htm as well as the supply order form.  If you do join, PM me as soon as you mail your check and I will upgrade you to National Club Member Status so you can get access to the other sections - the membership activation process takes a bit of time, so this allows you to get some immediate benefits.

Please ask any questions you have.  There are more and more of us new clipper owners (I've had mine just over one year now) and we're all in the same situation of trying to get our rides in full working order.

Our next national rally is Memorial Day weekend in Manteca.  That's just a hop, skip and a jump from you. 

If you'd like to drop by and meet some of the members (Clipper Joe and I will be there), just PM me and I'll give you the details.  I did a drop in for an afternoon to one of the rallies when I first got my clipper and found it very helpful.  In addition, I was able to meet several of the long-time owners who aren't really active here but who have great info and history on the clippers.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Hey Kevin...welcome!
You're going to love your Clipper....! Congrats
Hope to meet soon... Q
Steve n Lauren
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Sfine

Modesto?!  Just curious...
My significant other drove thru Modesto a week ago and noticed a Clipper parked on 120 somewhere between Modesto and Manteca...could that be you?  All excited she asked who it was, as though I know every Clipper owner by name and location  ;).   If not you,,, who !?
There are three Clippers up here on the hwy 4 corridor, I am the only one listed in the club registry but it be great to hook up with local owners for short jaunts. My schedule hasn't allowed me enough time to attend but one Clipper Rally, and it was great, not just the rigs, but the wonderful people who we met. Surely well attend more in the future, and hope to see you there as well Kevin.
Travel safe,
Steve n Lauren
     Murphys, California

Rd Ready

Hello Kevin from Modesto, glad to have you w/ us.. Hope you Have a great time on your Clipper I am.. Living it to the Fullest. ! Clipper life is the only life.. lol

wackyman9183

Hello,
Nope that wasn't my Clipper on 120. I'm in the middle of town in Modesto. I don't know who it is. lol.

I've been working hard the the Clipper. Removing/ fixing squeaks and leaks under the hood. Try to get ready to go on its first camping trip with us tomorrow. Shes running great. Just one big problem now though. Took her out for a drive late last night. NO BRAKES! And there is a super bright light just above the steering wheel in the dash that stays on. Creeped slowly around the block till i made it home. Parked it. Then had to go to sleep for work. Need to fix it tonight after work. So i can still take it out tomorrow (hopefully). Anyone have any ideas? the pedal feels super loose. And if I push the pedal all the way to the ground it barely feels like its doing anything.  :-\ I'm guessing tonight will be a long night. lol

Clipper Joe

Hi Wackyman,
I Read Your Post, No Brakes No Good :-X

First The Light on Dash Is Warning, Brake Issure.

1.) Have You Checked Brake Lining, Pads Front & Large Drum Brake Lining In Rear, Big Job You Have To Remove Both Rear Wheels, Pull Axles & Remove Axle Bearing Lock Nuts & Rear Lock Keeper Between Both Lock Nuts, Remember The Bearing Are Loaded By These Lock Nuts, There Is A Torque Spec. I'm Not Home But Can Send Later.

2,) Check Brake Fluid Level in Master Cyl, There Are A Dual Back Set-Up, For Front To Proportional Valve, I Think On Frame For Front Disc Brakes.

3.) Make Sure All Above Is Good, Bleed Brakes, Start Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, Left Front Last, Check Dot-3 Brake Fluid As You Go.

After All Of Thus Is Done, & Still May Have To Change Master Cylinder.

Note: When You Have Wheels Off Check For Leaks Around Brake Cyl & Front Calibers..

Hope This Helps, Keep Us Updated, It May Be A Simple Fix, I Try & Check When I Have Wheels Off, Or Once Yearly.

Good Luck,

Joe

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Sfine

Great info Joe,,,thanks.
   Wacky man....how'd did your brake job end up...and just as important, how was the trip?
Hope all was an easy fix and you got to take her out and blow the dust off. Where do you go from Modesto?  McSwain area?  You're not far from the 108 corridor..lots of good higher elevation spots for a small rig like the Clipper.  Were up hwy 4.... Lots of cool spots as well. Hoping to host a rally when I can find a date to commit .
Fill us in...!
     Murphys, California