News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

1976 21' domedic fridge

Started by garyjma, August 11, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyjma

Hi there,
              We have owned the rv since 2007, the fridge only works on electric, need to find a new one or used, odd size that camping world doe's not carry, except by special order and even then not the exact size. Anybody with a helping hand would be helpful.
               Please reply, THANKS   Gary

Clipper Joe

Hi Gary,
I have a Dodge 1977 Rear Kitchen Clipper, I Replaced My Orig. Dometic RM66E
I installed A New Dometic RM 2510 2R.
It Runs on 110Ac & LPG Only, You Have To Do a few Things to Make It Fit.
1.) You Have To Remove Top Shelf A little, Maybe 1-1 1/2" up, Recut cabinet Door.
2.) You Have to Add 1 1/2" Trim Wood To Out Side For Space for Rear Coils on New Fridge.
3.) You Have To re make 3/8" Copper Tubing & Flare Ends to Fit new Fridge, There is a Brass Tee Below by Furnace, I May Have Some Photos if you Need to See Layout.
4.) The other problem I had is I had to Bring New Fridge in from Passenger Side Entry Door.
Side Door was about 1" To Narrow.
5.) I Had To Install on Door Front Skin, I Went To A Plastic Shop & Installed a Textured Black Plastic,
But you can Get a Wood Veneer & Stain to you Cabinet Color.
6.) You Have To Hook Up From Old Fridge The Pos. & Neg. 12 VDC Wires For New Fridge inighter for Gas Operation. 

I Bought my New Fridge from A Trailer Shop Not Far From Where I Live, He has a Few Suppliers & And Did Not Charge me Shipping.

It Sure Works Great & Worth all the Work I did Installing It
Cools & Freezes ice Cubes in 3 Hours. One Less Thing to Worry About While Week Long Outings

What State Do you Live in?

We live in Northern California.

Please Reply if you need Any More Infor.

Hope This Helps,
Also I forgot to Note: My Rv Guy can also install,
But if you Are Handy you Can Save a lot of money.
These Fridges Are a little Costly Now.
I Bought From Dometic a 5 Year extended Warranty on Mine.

Regards,
Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

garyjma