News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

CB Radio

Started by Clipper Joe, July 25, 2013, 08:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All,

When it comes to Mech & Electrical No Problems.

I'm a little stuck, have a new Cobra 29 C B Radio,
Because the clipper is Fiberglass, what type of Antenna, are Clipper owners using.
Went today got a no ground Antenna.

My radio has a CB Ant Warning. So I'm not sure.
Old Cb worked fine with Reg Loaded ant.

The CB Guy told me today I should put Reg Antenna on Rear Ladder, & run wire to radio, it is a long run, Also add a heavy Ground Wire from Ladder to Frame???
I have it now mounted on driver Door Mirror Bracket.

Would like some info..

Thanks,
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Mine has two antennae  - one on each side mirror.  They're old, maybe as old as the Clipper.  Don't know the type.  Wires run in through the doorways into the cab and directly to the radio.  The radio is non-functioning at this point, but the antennae seem to have done a fine job since they never took the radio out (it's mounted to the ceiling).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

bulldog 1995

fiberglass is invisible to radio waves. You can just install a ant on the door mirror and it will work great. I'm planning to install 2 lighted antennae on my clipper. one on each side on the door mirrors. too go along with the rest of the lights I'm installing on my clipper.
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles

Clipper Joe

Thanks for info Guys,
I have my Clipper on side of house, maybe I'm getting some lost of signal,
Going Fishing in a few weeks going to Get Wilson his Week out & about.

Have done a lot of work Restoring it to his Glory. Also I have to talk to Wife & We are Trying to make it to the Next Nation Roundup in Oct.
I would like to see the other Clippers.

Thanks for the info, I'll try & Tweak this Radio Problem.
On my old 1973 Tioga I had a CB in it it Worked Great, it was not Fiberglass had Metal Siding on it.

Still would like to hear from others who have had Same problem with Newer Digital Radios?

Thanks Again,
Joe
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hi All,
Went To CB Radio Shop Today With Clipper, Told Guy Want This Problem Fixed.

We Used A Meter To Check Radio Cable, Checked For Any Breaks Or Grounding Wires. Checked Out Fine, Took Of Ground Free Antenna, Installed New 5 Foot Fire-stick Tunable Antenna, Used His SWR Meter To Calibrate Antenna To My Radio. All Is Good Now. Glad This Is Done Show Be The Last Thing Need To Do Before My Trip. This Is Kind Of A Maiden Trip To Check All The Work That Was Done To "Wilson" Our Clipper Has Been A Labor Of Love.

Thanks Again Bulldog & Toes For Your Help & Happy Camping, Hope To See All @ National Meet in Oct.

Joe & Denise 
ACOC#3749

caninecaravan

The ACOC channel is 23 for the Clippers. Had a CB in the rig with 2 different type of antennas mounted in the mirror frame and running into the clipper through the door. Had it tuned and could never get good reception. The truckers never responded when you heard one. Took the unit out and now I have more leg room for my right knee where the unit was mounted. Some day, I may get a handheld if my wife will let me. Caninecaravan 1978 Dodge 440
canine caravan ACOC #3552