News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Now the fun begins

Started by Allen Harrell, September 29, 2011, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen Harrell

I got my clipper home this week! Now the fun begins. It sat unloved for 8 years under a fir tree. Eight hours of pressure washing later and my wife says maybe I'm not so crazy after all.
When I picked it up I put a new battery in, checked fluids, added fresh gas to the carb, hit the key and it started right away. It ran a little rough for a couple of minutes then smoothed right out and sounds great. 440's rock!
I had to trailer it home because there is a major leak in a brake line and the tires are rotted. Too bad cause they were new tires. 
The good news is the interior had just been completely reupholstered and it all survived in tact except for the carpet and it will still serve for a while.
I think brakes and tires are the first priority followed by repainting the cab.
Replace roof vents ,gelcoat repairs,find 16 inch wheels, start the onan 4kw generator and I'm sure the list will grow from there.
Well I'm going to be very busy this winter. I will update with before and after pics as time allows.  ;)

Mac

Yes Sir, the fun!

I abuse mine as a camping machine. I don't want to think of the things to do list or the money I have spent due to high blood pressure.

Bottom line is I like to get away & blow out that stress! I have learned a new lesson, leave the wife home & take yer best dog!

I've gotten used to those old bass-turds that walk by & won't even look or acknowledge me while in my campsite because I'm not sporting a 2006 Monacco. Fook em! It's paid for, I'm camping and every trip is an adventure. I may write a book of my experiences.

I got a new rifle & some Nancy Peloci targets, going out to the desert next week to sight in the scope, drink beer & urinate on trees!

John Eversoll

Hi Allan and Mac, "Allan, Sounds as ifyou found a diamond in the rough...

Mac"  You have a great time in the desert....Just watch out for the cactus......

John

Mac

I'm loving it being a camping foolio. I'm out at a dirty campground called Pio Pico but at least I'm camping.

Sure are alot more people doing this full time that it's getting scarey! Campground is full of people that were here last time I was here, even full time tent campers! Serious, they have dug in and look happy.

I went thru cold weather training with mine & learned many a lesson in the mountains with mine. It was absolutely adventurous and costly but this year should be cheaper. Looking forward to those snow storms, high winds and rain! I'm predicting losing my transmission this time or maybe an onboard fire.

I'd rather die camping than cleaning carpets in someone's living room while having my massive stroke. When I get rich from my Iraqi dinar maybe I'll cash in with a big rig & go full time.

John Eversoll

Hi there Mac, ya know it is kinda scary--  I have runinto more people living out of their Rigs.

One guy I ran into was going to loose his home so he packed the wife and kids up and off they went.

That was six years ago and they are still doing it.  Kinda shows you where the economy is going.

Sad,Sad,Sad...  We as owners of these rigs should be thankfull that we have them.

take care, John

Mac

Thankful indeed John, having a back up plan in case of an emergency or overnight world change in the economy or what have you makes you sleep a little better at night. It would be hard to sleep at night if all you had was a Hyundai & a Prius in the garage.

I have to tell you though, I'm out here camping & there is a 1972 Revcon 250 for sale. I first seen it here at the storage area for sale for $15,000, today he's got it up for sale for $6,800. We could live in that thing & look cool at the same time if we had to. I've coveted that beutiful peice of art since I seen her with all her sexy aircraft aluminum. At 6'2 I have 4" of clearance, the tub is a deep tub & wrap around shower that I can actually stand in & reach every paret of my body. My wife loves it it, so I'm going to see if I can pull the money out of something.

I talked to a guy today who just moved in here with an old southwind, he pays $289 a month, has unlimited water & electric. No waste connection on this side but the Honey Truck comes by for $20 and takes it away or there are a few dump sites. People here have thier areas all set up real nice with portable fences, dog fenses, lighting, plants, the works. They go to work by day & return at night but there are alot that don't seem to work and the few I talked to seemed to be unable because as you know California has no mental institutions. Most California mentally disabled folks become Hollywood idiots or politicians. The lady I talked to said she collects $1200 a month, had a trailer towed out here and has been here since 2003.