News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Refridgerator

Started by John Eversoll, August 27, 2010, 11:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Hi guys, the only question for the day is----  Where can I get a fridge---

Camping World ???  $ 1,500 for the one I really want but it seems a little steep...

The fridge that is in the rig has gone south and is not worth the 1100 to repair it.

Plus it is so small..  I want to go Bigger.  To hold more "stuff"

Any help in this direction will help//  John

Horst

Hey John
Here ya go
http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com/parts.html
scroll down a ways to see the fridges - looks like he has quite a few.

I've always wanted to go to his yard and spend a day or two "picking" - someday I will.

(Can't help you on the coil question - still have not replaced mine - replacing the shocks have done enough for me, considering my wallet these days.......)
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

John Eversoll

Hey there Buddy,  "THanks"!!!!!

I figure that when I get this old girl road ready we will get in and go see this guy!!!!

Wife has relatives in Sac. so we kill two birds with one stone!!

I will call him on tuesday and see about his prices..

I know what ya mean about the wallet!!!  I am on SSI.

I put the gas tank in this evening and will get some fresh gas tomorrow

and install the three new gas filters... Yup I am adding a third!!

So You are up in that area??  MAybe when we get up there we can have lunch..

Take care and thanks again for the info.....!!!!     John

mccammonds

I have shopped at RVdoctorgeorge.   I found he was REAL proud of his appliances.  But he does have them.  And I will tell you if you need small stuff for the rig he has it.  Knobs, handles, and latches. ETC.  It's worth a trip there to just see what he has.  I was after a water heater for my Clipper.  I found a new one cheaper out of Tennessee than George was asking.

Check out  this URL  http://www.gypsyjournal.net/RV%20Surplus%20and%20salvage%20outlets.html
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

That sounds great, But I think I am going to take a trip up North

Just to do the break in period and get some road under my feet..

Besides, I want to get a fridge put in while there..  I love this club!!!!

All the info at a glance and friendly advice to go with it..

Thanks Mccammond"     

John

John Eversoll

How doo, I just got off the phone with several of the Rv dismantlers that were listed.

Boy there are sure a lot of rude people out there!!!!!!

I tried the Rv Dr George several times and got no answer.

I tried Walts Rv in Fontana... I did manage to get a hold of another company in

Chino and they told me that Walts Rv is presently going out of business...

They wont answer their phone for love or money..........  I guess I will just go with Camping world for the fridge....  Thanks anyway,  John

retrorob

John,
The evaporator unit is usually the cause of fridge problems. Go to rvmobile.com They have on the web site things to look for to diagnose the problem(amonia smell, heater testing, ect,).They are located up here in the Seattle area. I replaced the evaporator on the fridge in my fifth wheel and it really wasn't too difficult a job. I did seem fairly daunting at first but like anything else if you take it one step at a time I had it done in a few hours. The cost, $400 for a rebuilt evaporator compaired to a new unit(and the replacement unit wasn't the exact same size) seemed like a deal to me. Look into it.
Rob

mccammonds

I have dealt with these folks before.  Got a water heater with "blemishes" at about half the price that I founds elseware.
http://www.adventurerv.net/major-appliances-refrigerators-c-24_47.html
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Hey Thanks guys!!!

John

Galvin

I have tried using some appliances from the RV. I am totally amazed with the pricing and the performance of the appliances especially the fridge. I was never dismayed with the color and design of RV's appliances.

John Eversoll

Yup, Mine is dead!!!!   Gerggggggle amonia sound -- no cold--

Had a friend of mine check it out and he sugggggested a new unit

Later on when I have won the lotto--- just stock up with ice in the coolers.....  :)