News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

I did it!!

Started by JerryT, September 20, 2009, 06:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi all!
I have read in the old Clipper newsletters that some would shorten the closet door to match the bottom instead of the floor. I had to talk my self into it but I did it, and I like it. Now we can leave things on the floor in front of the door and still open it. I split the door and hinge even with bottom shelf and just leave the bottom part closed. I added the necessary plastic brown trim of course. I also removed the old panel that you saw when you opened the door as it's no longer needed, doing that did give me a bit more space in the storage area below the closet. here are a few pics.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Well, YES You did it again!!! and A great job I must say!!!!!!!

When ya coming out to help me do mine......LOL John

Horst

definitely a must - one of the first things I did.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

hastm

Quote from: JerryT on September 20, 2009, 06:18:45 PM
Hi all!
I have read in the old Clipper newsletters that some would shorten the closet door to match the bottom instead of the floor. I had to talk my self into it but I did it, and I like it. Now we can leave things on the floor in front of the door and still open it. I split the door and hinge even with bottom shelf and just leave the bottom part closed. I added the necessary plastic brown trim of course. I also removed the old panel that you saw when you opened the door as it's no longer needed, doing that did give me a bit more space in the storage area below the closet. here are a few pics.
JerryT
I never saw that one in the Journal but it's not a bad idea. There is also one for the rear kitchen unit with the couch that folds to a bed. Basically, you can cut the arm (behind the passenger seat)a ways lower and it allows the seat to slide further back. Among other things, it makes it easier to remove the dog house.
hastm

Horst

removing doghouse
I always remove the passengers seat first - makes everything WAY easier - and my seat comes off in 2 minutes - at most
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

I agree with Horst!
You can get the dog house off (barely) with the seat still in but it tears up the heat insulation and is also rough on the interior (78 440) I read about the idea to cut and lower the right couch end wall so the passenger seat will move back a bit more. I like to use that bit of wall for my pillow when reading, so I instead took some flat washers and and used them to shim up the back of the passenger seat via the rear bolts. It tips the seat forward a bit and lets you slide it back a bit further. Roxann says it sits better and likes the extra leg room. While I was at it I ground the points off the screws that hold on the seat belt trim that poke your hands when you take the seat nuts loose. I also put short pieces of vacuum hose on them to make them soft touch. I ran a tap thru the seat hold down nuts to clean them up, I can now loosen them with a wrench and spin them off with my fingers. A drop of oil keeps them slick :) Like Horst said, I always remove the passengers seat first.
JerryT   

John Eversoll

HEY JERRY, I 'm back..... Big deal... Oh crap he's back

I have heard them all.  Just trying to sit up straight.  Had the surgery and I am a bit sore but will endure.

Dr said that I should be up and running in three weeks-- right now I can't say that.
Will be checking in from time to time. John :)  Oh on that dog house, you would be surprised how fast they come off when ya got a fire under neith that dog house!!!!

dreedy650

jerry t, just read how you shortened the closet door .... great idea,   im on it. that will be helpful , maybe i will set the dog food bowl there ?

Robert P. Anderson

I PUT WING NUTS ON THE BOLTS THAT HOLD THE PASSINGER SEAT - MAKES THEM REAL EASY TO GET OUT. I USED THE NUTS THAT CAME WITH ALL OF THOSE HOUSE BATTERIES I HAVE BOUGHT OVER THE YEARS BEFORE I INSTALLED A DISCONNECT ON THE HOUSE BATTERY THAT OVERCHARGES WHEN I LEAVE THE SHORE POWER ON. I AM TOO CHEAP TO SEND THE CONVERTER IN TO HAVE IT RETROFITTED SO IT WON'T OVERCHARGE THE HOUSE BATTERY. 

John Eversoll

Damn Jerry, I never thought of that one!!!!
I wish you were my neighbor!!!
Never mind we both would be in trouble every day!!!! :)John

dreedy650

robert that is good to know about the house battery ! do all clippers overcharge the batt ! if so i should be careful and install a switch as well. 

JerryT

RPA
I take the seat and pedestal out together via the floor stud/nuts, I bet you take the seat and leave the pedestal.
Two ways to skin the same cat :D
JerryT

John Eversoll

That's how I took mine out when I took the motor out>!

Pulled the intake and heads first then seperated the trans after draining the oil pan. Removed the water pump and the housing, don't want to go through that again but I guesss I will have to... " Unless"
Now is it possible to remove the frontgril and radiator and all that gobblaty goop
and install it from the front????? with out!! droping the K-member...
Because at this time when we got the motor back---- it was assembled....
Looks great, now have to get it in the rig.  Some time Next month....after my back has healed more.  OK Jerry, I know you must have an answer for this one Come on"
talk to me ----- Oh yea, oh yea--- I have to send this to ya first..... Duhhhh
:)John

JerryT

John
I don't think the vans have K members? RPA, what do you think?
JerryT

John Eversoll

Not real sure Jerry, I will have to crawl under and see... I theought That Don said in an earlier post that they had K members... I guess I shall find out tomorrow.

And if you were the one that was asking about the cruse control rebuild I did check with a company here in Calif and they told me that there is a place some where around you"  that rebuilds them.  The guy told me that they can and do but it would be arould $150."

Guess just check out your area.. You might find a better deal or I will keep checking for ya out here..
John :) 

PS>  Those were some nice PICS!!!!!