News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Power inverter

Started by John Eversoll, August 29, 2009, 09:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eversoll

Jerry T.

Let me ask you a question that I am sure you have answered before.....

I asked a buddy about a 750 watt power inverter and running the fridge..

Like he said that would be great for running the fridge only while I drive..

Do they make power inverters higher than 750 watts??? Not that I really

need it but what the heck .  Thanks !!  John E. :)

JerryT

Hi John
You can get bigger ones if your going to be running other things also. Most people match their inverter to their load/need
JerryT

LARRY RAY

Power inverters are a great thing to have. We use 2500watt convertors on my job to run many differant power tools. Yet, they being a God-send from the old noisy generators they are pretty usless for very much load without the engine ruuning the alternator. I would suggest the biggest alt. you can get if you want or are going to use it much. For me, I mounted a very large battery under one of the seats, going thru a set of switches tying it to the front battery, and the coach battery. This way, I have enough power to run lights and the sort for several days. As far as the other appliances I use propane from the time I leave until I return and have never in 10 years had a problem. 
Have a great time with your project.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

John Eversoll

Hi there Larry Ray,

Graet thanks for the info!!! I don't have a propane fridge any more..
and we only keep stuff in the fridge for a short time.
So driving the rig and cooling the fridge is the best way for us..
But I want to make sure that I have Nnnnnoooo electrical firesor shorts..
I might take the thing to a electrical pro as I don't trust myself doing that type of work.. I know it will probably make a dent in my wallet that way..
But if someone wnated to do it for a steak dinner and a case of BEER and $40.00
I would be tickled!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)John E.

John Eversoll

I ment to mention that I will also buy the wire.....ha ha , I all ready have it.  ha ha ha
:D :)

John Eversoll

OK Jerry, I'll bite,,

How do you know what the load will be..........????

do you multiply the watts by how many objects you have???

" just a shot in the dark"

John E. ???

JerryT

Hi John
I'll wire that for you, I could use the $40. Just call me when you cross the Mississippi, that will give me about 8 hours to get ready for your visit :D
Go to any inverter site as they all have tutorials on how to count watts, amps, and how to do the math.
JerryT