News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

what year is you clipper

Started by 75clipper, October 23, 2007, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

75clipper

what year is you clipper

Mine a 1975 rear kitchen, 440, now a 360

clockwork

'78 side kitchen, party model. 440 with original TQ, Onan 4k genny, retrofit PD 9145 w/intellipower and several mods (thanks to member Jerry) to help usability.
dave

caninecaravan

My clipper is a 78 side kitchen. Most of everything has been replaced and it still keeps running. Wouldn't trade it for the world. It's not often you can get a classic.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Mac

Ours is a '77 rear kitchen party model.

Rodney

mines a 21 SK-FC  1978  440 Dodge
;)

reload

1979 Bunkhouse Dodge 440

oh2bnext

Hello,

After over a year of searching, I am finally the proud owner of "Chloe" my 1976 American Clipper 821F. I purchased her in Portland Oregon and am hoping that someone may know a little about her. She only has 57000 original miles on her with a 360 and the inside is very close to stock. I bought her for 1999.00 and was told that she had been sitting for a while? Don't know if that is true or not. She fired right up and made the 400 mile trip home to Idaho with only the need of a new fuel filter.  Looking forward to reading more on all the fabulous tips from past posts. :-)

ranger

Mine is a 1977 Rear Kitchen/21ft/440(ouch).

We love it!!  We have re-done the interior.  Painted the cab.  New tires/carb/starter/alternator/oil-trans seals/wheel bearings/brakes/new cd/stereo/sealed the roof/new manifolds/re-sealed all of the tanks/new(bigger) toilet/New carpet/tuned up all of the appliances(they all work!!)

We are finally taking her out on my daughter's Spring Break.  We're spending the week at Cape Lookout State Park outside of Tillamook Oregon on the Coast.

We've had her two years now.  We finally have her ready to start camping.

The Ranger's

LARRY RAY

1978 DODGE 440. As far as I can tell everything is as original as the day it was new except the AC. Replaced it 2 years ago. Other than just ordinary wear out problems such as tires and such It's original. AND I LOVE HER.

I married better than my wife did.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

jon

76' rear kitchen. Had a 440 now has a 400.

rowdiebryan

Ours is a 1977 821 FIT  I just got it home a few hours ago.  I need several new parts, one being a roof ladder.  So, if anyone has any ideas.  I also need 2 tires and to replace the ceiling.  If anyone has any ideas, my email is listed, I would love to hear from any and everyone.

Bryan

clockwork

Mornin' Brian;

Congrats on your Clip- I'm sure you will enjoy the quality time you will spend with her!

This link has some helpful hints on ceiling replacement,

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/13189122.cfm

and may get you started. If you peruse the past posts on this site you will gain valuable insight as well.

Good Luck!

dave

clockwork

Oh- and I would forgo the permanent roof ladder ( too many holes and potential leaks in an otherwise easy to maintain shell) and invest in a 
folder if you really need access to the roof wile traveling. You can have mine if you are willing to remove, repair and warrant the fix leak free!

dave 

Big Mac

1978 side kitchen.  That's all I know at this time.  38,000 miles  medium condition.  Bought for $1,200.  200 down, 250 a week for 4 weeks.