News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

not happy as I just found out my 75 clipper is not a 440

Started by 75clipper, September 19, 2007, 02:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75clipper

Well I check my Vin and now I am piss off, cause they told me when I got my American Clipper that is was a 440, but as I did some checking and found that it is a 360, I have gotten part for 440, like the fuel pump had to go back and get the right one and the spark plus I might have to change to, cause now it's a 360, I feel like crap now, all the stuff I did was for a 440. so I guess there was never a 440 in American Clipper in 1975, unless it's a small black 440, does anyone know how to check if it is a small black 440

jc from Ceres, ca

yosemitesamiam

Seriously?  Ok, 440 or 360 and how to check real quick.

Where is the distributor on your engine?  If it is in the front of the engine (front of motorhome) it is a 440.  If it is at the back of the engine toward where you sit and drive, it is a 360. 

360=small block.
440=big block.

I know the 440 is desirable...but the 360 is a fine little engine.  Appreciate what you have there man!

75clipper

not happy when they said it was a 440, and it not, man I would not got it then, now they say 440 small block, man and there are 440 small blacks