News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New Clipper owner's going fulltime

Started by Doc'n'Robin, February 03, 2007, 03:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc'n'Robin

Good day to all!
My wife and myself purchased a 78 21' bunkhouse in November.. Drove her back from Il without a problem. It sat for about 10 years, now has a new alternator and tires.. Seems to be in pretty good shape. But, after getting the poor thing out of the tire shop and driving it 90 miles home (did just fine).. it has no oil pressure.. I was told it had an oil change before we picked it up.. The shop here said the oil-pump is good so now we drop the pan to check the inlet.. 'Course it's -10 up here in MN.. Yuk... Once we get that fixed, we're hitting the road fulltime. So, for now if you see a Clipper heading towards the southeast.. it's us!
Thanks All!  Doc'n'Robin

JerryT

doc,
Your living my dream, keep us posted on the adventure!!! As for the oil pressure--could it be a bad sending unit or guage? I have seen the pickup screen get half pluged with broken valve seals in old mopars, but never starve out of oil. We had -10 here(s.w. lower michigan) last night, no fun at all!
Jerry t

DocnRobin

Thanks Jerry!
Well, wasn't a clogged screen, and the engine and pump were 'air' pressure tested... We pulled the bearings off and they were scored down to the copper.. So, even if we replace pump and bearings.. it's gonna be a bill and as it is we owe a bit and nothing to show. Better off with an engine swap, I think.. Wouldn't be so bad both the wife and lost our jobs. We hadn't planned on fulltiming just yet but were kinda forced into it.. But, could be worse..  We aren't planning on loosing the clipper for a lack of engine. So, it may sit while we get some extra cash. Just wish it wasn't -10 here as well..

Thanks Doc'n'Robin