News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Got My Stolen Clipper Back!!!

Started by Fords, October 21, 2005, 12:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fords

Guess it would help if I told you where I leived - Sacramento, CA area - thanks,

Hello to All,

Our 1980 21ftr was stolen in June. Pleased to say we got her back yesterday. Have a few minor repairs to make and could use some help locating following,
1) Small vent above overcab bunk (idiot busted it up trying to get in)
2) Bathroom vent at the rear (me the idiot steped through this one)
3) Main door latch/lock assemble.
4) One generator door lock assembly
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Andy Illes

Hey Brad.... GREAT news!!!  Damned shame anybody would steal a Clip to begin with... sheesh.  At least it sounds like they didn't trash it too badly.  They catch the thief?   Oughtta duct tape the jerk's head into the toilet.... with the flush valve open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Be sure to have some gonzo bean burritos first.... invite some freinds with really bad cabbage cramps in too.... :)

Pretty sure you can get the escape hatch (above the overhead bunk) through Mel.... if not, www.All-Rite.com   They also have all the other things you're looking for, Mel gets a lotta our stuff from them.  Get whatever you can through Mel though.... you'll pay the same and support the Club at the same time.

Check the posts about the escape hatch.... I think there's an issue about the size, to be sure you get the right one.

PS   Dunno if you noticed, but we have a new forum.... General Discussion.... oughtta post there too.

Fords

Hi Andy,

Well we worked on her all weekend and got her cleaned up pretty well.
Found a few of the parts at a local Camp World so entry door, generator door and rear 14 x 14 vent are fixed.

Please excuse my first timer ignorance but who is Mel, how do I contact him and how does buying through him help the club?

Still need to repair larger 14 x 21 escape hatch.

Also the ignition switch was "removed" when the theif hot-wired her - now the Chev dealer is telling me the "tabs" on the harness are broken off so the new switch is loose in the dash - was thinking I would try to get a couple of those threaded rings (similar to the ones that hold the locks in place on generator door) and use one inside and out to hold this firmly in place - think it'll work??
Thanks a tonne (thats a metric tonne for this displaced Canadian) for your help/suggestions
Brad & Anne

bigray

Hi Brad,

While Andy  is out running from Hurricane Wilma I figured I'd respond. Hey Wiiiiiiiilmaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Mel is the supply officers for ACOC. Mel has parts for our Clippers and is one of the most knowledgable folks around. You can order parts from the club as soon as you become a member. The proceeds from the sells benefit the club.  If at all possible, order parts and supplies from the club.

Application form:
http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com/forms/application.htm

Order form:
http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com/forms/merchandise.htm

I hope this help. Welcome aboard!