News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Fuel Guage

Started by Conrad, October 17, 2005, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrad

Thought I would post this here as well as in the tech forum.  Lot's of mopar info.  This link should take you to a section on the fuel guage history and how to build a simple 5 volt DC regulator for your dash guages that utilize the 5volts. Not all the guages use 5vdc, the amp guage for example, is in series with the battery...

http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html

Andy Illes

Sigh.... why does it seem I'm ALWAYS a day late anna dollar short???  Conrad, I JUST yesterday shelled out $34 for a new regulator!!!!  Well, it's going back, with a Radio Shack stop onna way.

Great link and info.... thanx   :lol:

For anyone contemplating this.... one word of caution.  Be SURE to disconnect your battery before you pull the instrument cluster, cuz the ammeter leads aren't shielded, and WILL burn a hole in whatever they touch... and they WILL touch something.  It's a law!!!!

There are 4 screws holding the cluster in.... 2 on top, 2 onna bottom.  Move the cluster out enough to reach in behind it.... feel for the speedo cable, squeeze the "clip" on the connector to disconnect it.  There's a large, round, multi-pin electric plug (like an old radio tube)... unplug that and you can pull the cluster out far enough to unscrew the ammeter leads (be sure to mark which wire went where).... and the cluster is out. It's only a 10 min or less no-brainer job.

The photos in Conrad's link look exactly like my ('76) panel.

With the cluster out, might as well replace any turn signal, wiper/lighter bulbs and any other burn-outs while you're at it.  That's also how you get at your wiper switch and anything else back there.

Tnanx again Conrad... you da MAN!!! :lol:  :lol:

Conrad

:oops:   aww shucks, glad to be of help.  :D

Andy Illes

You're SO modest.

Faker!!!!!     :lol: