News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

The Oily Rag Oct 10 - 17

Started by Rodney, October 10, 2005, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodney

Good Monday Everyone :)
In other forums I visit someone always starts a tread once a week for EVERYONE to let others know whats going on with them. I am sure we can come up with a better name for the thread if we want to coutinue with it.

So lets hear what's up with you, whats going on in your life, family, Clipper, your weather that prostate operation LOL?
what ever you what to talk about, hears the place.

Rodney

I'll be the first to tell what's up with me this week.
just recovering from the headcold flu bug akk it's been hanging around our home for a couple of weekd now. Judy works at the hi school taking care of special needs kids so we are going to be getting lots of exposure to what ever is going around. We are going to get our flu shots as soon as they offer them here in Madras.
I have been very busy at the body shop which is a good thing I guess other that I have had to drag myself down there this weekend both sat and sunday for a few hours to fix a school bus and have it ready to go monday afternoon, we got it on friday afternoon. They hit a horse so had to install a hood, fender mirror get it painted and back on the road for them my tuesday. They have several other vans to haul kids but they are the extended body type fords and dodges which has been in the news if the past few years for rolling over when loaded down. The insurance companys WON'T insure them any more. which is a good thing I guess to keep them off the road but the school districts has several new units they can't use.
I have been ask to do a few projects at the shop that I don't really care to do but hay work is work. One is a complete restore in a 53 Chevy belair the owners have had since new. and they other that I just got going on is a 34 Dodge pickup whinh we will be street rodding. 440 engine 727 trans ford 9 in rear end. art morrison front IFS and the list will go on and on for sure.
well got to get see ya all around I hope.
Rodney

dig

I'll be up next  8)

I will state a constant - this does not change from week to week, so the assumption can always be made: work is busy busy busy  :shock:

Other than that, I will be getting my new garage door this week  8)  I still have the old-style single piece dinosaur door, and will have a brand new sectional installed on Thursday. Very happy about that. Has given me a great excuse to clean out the garage too :)

Planning on doing some work on the new MH - need to give the roof a little love, as well as a couple of minor outside details. Also need to work on getting my "entertainment" all set up - install my computer, surround sound, DVD player, etc. Should be fun. Getting ready for a trip out to Sugar Barge in a couple of weeks  8)

Next???

--dig

terry

I bought an aluminum cargo carrier to put on the back of the Clipper for extra space, and sure enough, I discovered it wasn't near big enough at 4 feet long.  Soooo, I chopped it in half and inserted a 2 foot section in the middle, and now it's 6 feet long. That probably isn't going to be long enough either, but nonetheless...  It rained last night, and while working on the cargo rack today, I noticed water under the camper which appeared to be coming from within.  So I opened the door and went in to check it out, and sure enough, the repairs I did to stop the leak around the air conditioner seem to have failed miserably.  Up until this point, the repairs had prevented leaking.  So now, it's round number 2:  remove the air conditioner from the roof again and find out where the water is leaking in... providing that we have a couple of sunny days.  I ain't happy!!!

Terry 3511

terry and karen conkle

Just realized I wasn't logged in!  Another comment...

Being a retired person, it's hard to find time to work on the camper and the 55 Chevy, which is in need of driving!

Terry
ACOC # 3511
79 Chevy 400 rear bath

T

Rodney

hi dig and terry
that new garage door sounds like a nice improvement for you Dig my grandfolks garage still has one of them old doors squeeeek, pop, groan it goes when you open it. I installed an electric opener on my door a few years ago which make it nice when I ride the Harley 8) I can have the door to my BAT CAVE open before I turn in the driveway.

your storage container enlargement is an industrious project :P
I went round and round with a leak which I though was coming from the A/C hole up there only to find out it was an old patch where an antania was once mounted. the h2o was leaking from under it and finding its way to the vent hole which was the lowest place in the roof, it looked like it was the vent but was several feet from it. When I am not using the home and it looks like rain or snow I try and park the Clipper in an incline since the water still puddles up there. What kind of '55 do you have Terry?

terry and karen conkle

The 55 is a black in and out Belair 2door hardtop coupe, 350, carter carb
muncie four speed. I bought it back in 68 from the original owner, a letter carrier who drove it on his route every day, it was a mess. Not a bad deal at $100.00.

Rodney

Quote from: "terry and karen conkle"The 55 is a black in and out Belair 2door hardtop coupe, 350, carter carb
muncie four speed. I bought it back in 68 from the original owner, a letter carrier who drove it on his route every day, it was a mess. Not a bad deal at $100.00.

not a bad deal at all even back in 1968. Sounds like a Beauty Terry.
I have always like the tri-five Chevys.
My 2nd car was a 56 Chevy 2 dr post car with a 55 front end on it and was painted with red primer. it was a real BOMB. I bought a 56 front end from an old sheep hearder for a few bucks it was laying out in a pasture. this was back in the mid 70's they were sure some fun times working on that car. installed a 327 4 speed, painted her u haul yellow and me and my hi school sweetie enjoyed her  :wink: for a few years.
I still wonder what ever happened to that car? I traded it off for something better I guess.

Andy Illes

Terry...... before you rip your AC apart.... make sure the drain hole is open.    Mine was dripping inside like crazy and I was about to do the same as you.    Turned out it was just the drain.... poked it with wire, aimed the hose in...... end of problem.

As to what's going on here, the last of the FEMA horses left yesterday, I'd been boarding 37 of 'em from the Gulf area.   Have to grade and reseed the pastures now, they pretty well tore it all up, the ground was pretty wet and mooshie the whole time they were here.

My new house is all set up now, and I've looking around at above ground pools (has to be onna those or I lose the ag exemption) and a jacuzzi. That way, I can take my laptop out there and razz all you cold people all winter while I'm sucking mimosas.... heeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I sprung the freezer door on Fred's Dometic cramming too many beers into it last weekend.... gonna post in the tech forum for a fi

terry and karen conkle

The ac came out and back in in just one afternoon.  The plate that is under the ac called flashing I think apeared to have some space between the roof and the black tar seal. I removed the old and put in a new seal and also added some seal around the ac insert area. I think that all is nice and tight now and a little extra sillykone to boot. I can't wait for more rain!

Terry 79 chev 400 rear bath

Andy Illes

Misunderstood.  Didn't realize it was a rain leak.... sounded like it was from the AC..... glad you got it fixed.   Check it with a garden hose.... :)

Rodney

That's GREAT Andy that you were able to help out with all of those horses. gose to show these clipper people have a big heart and are there in times of need.
It's saturday early morning and am getting my weekend planned a little.
Looks like a storm is trying to blow in it's about 43 degrees out right now.
I am going to go pick up some parts for the 34 Dodge pick up I started working on for Glen. Then I hope the rest of the weekend is mine.
Judy is going to load up her horses and the grandkids and go to the CowdeO at the fair grounds this afternoon, She is getting Trent enrolled in the 4 H club.
I want to take the clipper for a cruise- anywhere just to blow the cobwebs off her. Pretty sure I have all of the water and holding tanks empty for the winter.
is there anything else to do for the holding tanks after I flushed them?
boy that doesnt' sound like a very exciting weekend does it?? :roll:

bigray

Hi Terry,

Make sure that your roof rack is sealed properly. I removed my AC and resealed it and my leak turned out to original from the mounts for the roof rack.

Good luck!

terry and karen conkle

I have been through all of the roof rack mounts, but thanks for the tip anyway. I wish that we could get us a fiberglass company to just make us new top for these things with all a whole no holes in them!

Terry 79 chev 400 rear #3511

Rodney

Quote from: "terry and karen conkle"I have been through all of the roof rack mounts, but thanks for the tip anyway. I wish that we could get us a fiberglass company to just make us new top for these things with all a whole no holes in them!
Terry 79 chev 400 rear #3511

There is!! it comes in a gallon can { resin },mat and cloth. Laying up fiber -glass is not that difficult to work if you have a nice dry place to work it and understand how the product works. it would be much better to repair a roof rather than disturbing the seal that goes all the way around the top to the sides. IMO
:wink: