News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Happy Thanksgiving all

Started by Andy Illes, November 24, 2004, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Illes

No further message.... enjoy your families and loved ones... include your Clipper in things to be thankful for... :)))

Best to all,
Andy and Jaws

bigray

Back atcha Andy. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

I'm about to hit the road but had to get a quick fix by checking the forum before I left. I won't have internet access over the holidays.

Horst

Same to you Andy...
sitting here in Lake Tahoe with my in-laws- thankful for everything...
my Clipper is getting lonely though - 2004 was a weak year as far as Clipper trips..............hopefully we'll take it out more next year...........
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

susan-y

I think Kate and I will take the Clipper to my sisters for dinner.  Can always use the oven or stove if needs be.  It's about an 80 mile round trip, might have to top off the tank  :wink:  Just got it back from the shop (it's second home lately) and my family hasn't heard the Thorley headers! HAH!  Just hearing it makes me smile.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Andy Illes

SY-KJ...

Hmmmm... headers.  Have you thought about punching the engine out... Manley pistons, forged rods & bolts... align boring... forged crank... porting & polishing the heads... Dominator carb or port FI... 40* Crane roller cam setup... Magnadyne ignition... dual-pump dry-sump????   Anybody make racing slicks for a dualie axle?   Shouldn't have a problem with them hills.... :):):)

Happy Thanksgiving.... enjoy the "extra" oven... :)
Andy

handyman

Happy thanksgiving to you all were sitting up here in in the beautiful pasfic north west injoying the wonderful rain with our son am going to hate going back to the Calif valley again ow well only fore more months then well be here most of the year take care all and drive carfully 8)

Conrad

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  So far we have been spared the pain of rain.  Must be to the north of us, huh?  We is having about 16 family members over today,  ahhh, they have to travel across the Narrows.  

forgive me, my JB and Squirt have taken effect.  No driving for me!
:)

Andy Illes

Hi all.

Got to see the Macy's Thanksgiving parade live for the first time... :):)  The weather stayed gorgeous till well past 1 when we left for my friend's family dinner... then a front moved in and it got wet, nasty, cold and windy.  Our Thanksgiving and socializing were great though.

It got up to 84 back  home.... sigh.  But know what?  Somehow, the blustery cold and blowing, golden leaves made it seem all the more a Thanksgiving.... never mind we were only a few miles from the original one.   Makes ya think.

Jawsie and I sincerely hope all y'all's Thanksgiving was as warm and rewarding.

susan-y

Andy, If I win the 118(ish) million powerball I'll print off your list and make it happen :lol:   I'll be nothing but rumble and taillights on the highway  :shock:   Oh yeah, that'd be great!

AndyIlles

Sue & Kathy...

Know what?   Been sortta thinking about this since these posts.  Can ya just imagine a rumbling, cammed-out, glass-packed old Clip hitting the nitro button and leaving a really decent patch?  Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is bizarre.... it's almost 3 AM (woke up with heartburn), it's around freezing out.... and the recycling truck just came by, doing pick-ups... HUH??????    Only in NYC, huh?

Reminds of a cute story.  Ya gotta keep in mind EVERYthing's union here.  Guy was in front of his place when he noted a Parks Dept. truck loaded with young trees pull up across the street.   Two guys got out, one started digging a hole in the swale.... other one filled it right back in.  First guy dug another hole 10' up, and the other one filled it back again.  On and on up the street.... dig a hole, fill the hole..... and back down the other side.   When they got to the guy's place watching, he hadda ask.  "Why is one of you digging holes, and the other one filling them right back in???"  

The reply was.... "Ed, who plants the trees, called in sick."  :lol:  :lol:

susan-y

If I have one dream in life it is a fully restored older pickup!  40s to early 60s.  Gotta have the wood floor in the bed, a bit of a rumble to the pipes.  Until then I will nickel and dime ($50 and $100 with inflation) the Clipper! HAH! :P