News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

What Happened to the Tech Forums?

Started by Shayne, May 06, 2004, 12:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

As you might have figured out by now, the forums have been unavailable for a few days. Well, somebody with too much time on their hands, as best we can tell from somewhere in UK and maybe Russia, figured out how to hack into the software we were using for the forums. End result was quite a mess. That's the bad news...

The good news is.. I think I got all the messages and user info moved over from the old system. So I don't think we actually LOST anything. Also, you will notice it all looks a little different. I changed software hoping to prevent a repeat and this software is a little more current as far as technology goes. Might take a while to get used to, but it works basically the same as the old one. Your user names and passwords should all still work. If your user name was different from your 'screen name' you will find that your username is used now.  For the current time, I have enabled username changes so you can set your username to what you want people to see.  Remember to use that name to login.

I still have some things to work on, but the forums should be functional, so I've turned them on for you to use.  You might also notice that they are running on americanclipperownersclub.com, you can use this to access the rest of the website as well.

That's all for now.. have fun getting used to the new boards... I'll check in on them often in the next few days to make sure things are running smooth. If you have questions or problems, post them here. Or use the contact page on the main website to send me a message and I'll help as best I can. Now.. time for some sleep...  :shock:

Shayne Barr
ACOC Webmaster
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Shayne

You can set your time zone in your PROFILE.  Use the link at the top of the page.

Pacific Time = GMT -7
Mountain = GMT -6
Central = GMT - 5
Eastern = GMT -4

These are for Daylight Savings time.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Shayne

Well.. I tried using the spiffy new Admin Email feature to let everyone know the forums are back etc... out of 475 users, seems like I've gotten 300 undeliverable mail errors.  Thanks to spam filters, aol address blocking and just plain ol old addresses.  :)

I tried folks..... but then if you're reading this, you found it anyway  :D

Time for sleep... for real this time...
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Den

handyman

Thanks Shayne you do a great job for all of us  :D

bigray

Well given that I have read every post on this site, I thought perhaps I had an addiction. With the site being down for a few day, I'm pretty confident that I do have an addiction.  I checked the site 10 or more times.

Am I alone? Anyone know where I can get treatment? :D

Shanye, BIG THANKS for launching the new software and transferring all the data. I know this was a monster. Tell your wife and kids we said thanks as well because I know you sacrifices some time to get up up and running again.

Jimbilly

Thanks for all the effort.  I know what's involved in tranfering data and reconfiguring a data base.  The new format looks good and everyone will get used to it in notime.  As for bigray-Yes, the site is addictive.  I can assure you that you're not the only one who checked almost daily tosee if the site was back up.  Sorry - no known cure other than new projects on the AC.

Jimbilly
ACOC #3457
Evertt, Washington
78 Bunkhouse w/440

Tyler Hoodenpyle

Yes, I am with you brothers, is there a twelve step program available??

Tyler