News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

moving

Started by handyman, June 30, 2003, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handyman

Hi all the clipper owners in Wasington were going to be relocating to your area withend the next year and were wondering where is a good area to live were looking for a mobel home in a all age park or a condo any help would  be greatly appreated also what do you have to do to winterize our clippers for that area thanks to all

Jim  

LarryAlida

Jim . If you settle in western wa. You need to prepare for Rain.A little snow. Freezing temps. Get a big tarp if you have leaks.You will find leaks you never thought you had. Get the snow off the roof before it starts to melt.It gets wet and heavy.Use RV antifreeze in the water system.Most auto supplies have it. It does'nt usually freeze for long periods of time. But you never know .
      Eastern Wa. Hot and dry in the summer,cold in the winter. Get the water lines ect.protected blowen out in the winter.Again RV anti freeze.And depending on where you are the amount of snow varies. Get ahold of the people from Ephrata WA.They can help you alot with Eastern Wa.
 Cinq-mars # 2828 can also help with Western WA.
Evergreen Clippers i s having several Camp outs this summer.If you get settled in time.You might be able to attend one of them. We are going to Wenatchee for sure in September. And maybe a couple of others befor then. Let us know what area you are going to. Larry Alida.

Conrad

I concur with Larry and Alida.  

Covered parking is desireable but tarps work well.  I use two 20' X 20' tarps to cover mine.  I make sure the window and engine area are covered.  

I live in a heavily wooded community, tall firs, madronas etc.  The fir needles get in to everything which is why I make sure the grill below the windshield is covered.  I keep the side windows open a bit depending on the temp, the roof vents open (under the tarps).  I check it weekly, keep a heater/fan in it, run it once a week.  Dream about using it    .  

Where you plan on locating?

handyman

We don't know when or where yet our son is moving there next week to Redmond but thats to ritse for us so when we come up later on well start looking thanks for the info