News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Carburetor

Started by <War_eagle0110@msn.com, December 02, 2002, 10:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<War_eagle0110@msn.com

Hi to everyone! I am the new owner of a 1977 American Clipper Rear Kitchen, Rear Bath, with a 440 cu.in. engine. I obtained this RV from my father-in-law, who purchased it from the Cullman County, AL, Rescue Squad/EMA, where it had been utilized as a coomand post vehicle for rescues and other emergencies/disasters. I have sent in my registration and have joined this club......waitng on the responce.

The reason I am writing this is to let all members know of a carburetor rebuild company I found. I attempted to rebuild the Thermo Quad on the RV, but discovered the kit I had was too far from matching to be effective. I cruised the internet and ran across a posting from a guy who had a very similiar problem as me....a thermo quad that consistently floods. He recommended this carb company in Burbank CA. I was skeptical, as I had never heard of such a service on the net. Well, it is a great company. Fast and friendly service. Ordered the carb and had it installed and running in less than a week.....and it was less than $200!!!!! The company is BFIC and the guy I dealt with is Carlos Vasquez. If you have a need for a carb, contact these folks. Here is the link: http://www.carbsonly.com/

The phone number is 818-845-9000

I have never owned an RV before, but my stepson and I belong to an ATV club and have missed out on some really great camping opportunities on our ATV rides. Maybe we will get to go the one of the ACOC gatherings. Looking forward to hearing from you....Ken Young, Hartselle, AL  

LarryAlida

Thank you.That address is in my favorites.Larry.

Shayne

Thanks for the info Ken, and welcome to the ACOC, even if you have not gotten your membership pack yet  

And while I'm not going to hold my breath for you to make the trip out here for a rally, it's great to have another ATVer around     I've got a Grizz600 and don't get to ride it nearly enough... and it rode me last May, so I was recovering from that adventure most of the summer. Have fun, be safe...
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146